Two questions about seamless combs

1. Where is the seam on a comb with seams? I ask b/c I thought that seamless combs didn't have any seams between the teeth (Though, I really have no idea as I never even heard of a "seamless comb' before this board). I went to Sally's today and got some snag free combs but they had seams between the teeth. I mean, I guess that is a seam. It's the line between the teeth.Is that the seam?

2.Speaking of the combs I got from Sally's. Can someone tell me if they're good? I got 2 "Ceramic Tools" combs. One is a Pintail comb one is a lift comb, and I got the Jilbere shower comb. The Ceramic Tools combs specifially say "snag-free performance", so does that mean that they are seamless, or at least will give me the same protection as a seamless comb? I looked at the Jilbere, which was highly recommended by this board, and though it is rounded, between the teeth have what I am thinking is a seam. So, I guess I'm trying to determine specifically what part of the comb gives the protection against the snagging.
TIA!

LovelyZ

Can you feel the seam on the teeth of the comb? If you can, then that comb will snag your hair. On a seamless comb, the teeth will be completely smooth.

OK, this may sound really dumb, but Im' not sure which part of the tooth I'm supposed to be looking for the seam. If the teeth of a comb were like our real teeth, is the seam not supposed to be in the area that would be between the teeth (the area that we would be putting floss in between, or does it just matter that the seam is not at the bottom of the teeth, or the part that would be "pointy" on, say, Drakula.
For the Jilbere and the other combs, I see a seam in the area that you would floss, but the "Dracula" area, the tip of the tooth, is rounded and seamless.
Whew! Who would've thought I'd be writing so much about a comb?!!:lol:

OK, this may sound really dumb, but Im' not sure which part of the tooth I'm supposed to be looking for the seam. If the teeth of a comb were like our real teeth, is the seam not supposed to be in the area that would be between the teeth (the area that we would be putting floss in between, or does it just matter that the seam is not at the bottom of the teeth, or the part that would be "pointy" on, say, Drakula.
For the Jilbere and the other combs, I see a seam in the area that you would floss, but the "Dracula" area, the tip of the tooth, is rounded and seamless.
Whew! Who would've thought I'd be writing so much about a comb?!!:lol:

Sistaslick

It should be seamless throughout...all the way along the profile of each individual tooth and along the back, and the tips should be rounded and smooth-- nowhere for your hair to "catch." A seam means the comb was mass manufactured with a preset mold.

Last edited: