Two Strand Twist

CarefreeinChicago

I went to the braid shop to ask for two strand twist and she told me she could not do it because i had a hair cut on 4th of July she said the ends would unravel and she could put rubber bands on the ends...so my question is what do you put on the ends to hold them together? I am trying to baby my ends and rubber bands seem like they would defeat the purpose

TIA

LondonDiva

Is your hair relaxed or natural. If Natural the natural curl pattern will keep them together. If relaxed then it's a hard task to keep the ends together and the ends are blunt.

CarefreeinChicago

i tried a few my self and they won't stay that is one of the reasons i went to a professional because i see every one on the board with twist and no rubber bands

L

LaNecia

After I watched the Braids by Breslin video on twists, I understood why mine kept unravelling. Now I do not have a problem at all with it on my natural hair. I've not tried them w/extensions. My hair is Type 4a/b texturized.

CarefreeinChicago

Re: Two Strand Twist (pics)

i got my hair twisted but i don't like it the style looks so cute on everyone on the board but i think my head is to big for it :( but hopefully the twist out when i take them down will be cute i think i am going to wear my wig to work and the twist when i come home and the weekend

I am really style challenged i did'nt like the phony pony either on me

i keep think a strong wind is going to blow it off

Shatani

Re: Two Strand Twist (pics)

ive had that problem before when i clipped my ends too blunt...i had to do it wet and use a loc jel on the ends....it worked then.

how long is your hair?? i know when my hair was shorter i didnt like how i looked in twists cuz i got a big ole head too...so, i fell your pain...if you do them smaller they tend to look fuller...just a suggestion.

CarefreeinChicago

i have a bout 6 inches of hair when it is blown out ...when she twisted them my hair was slightly damp maybe next time i will blow it out to look fuller

Shatani

kinchen said:
i have a bout 6 inches of hair when it is blown out ...when she twisted them my hair was slightly damp maybe next time i will blow it out to look fuller
if you blow it out with a blunt cut, the ends DEFINITELY wont stay.

pressncurl

I have 4a/b natural hair, and my twists stay when I do them with my hair wet. Even when I start with dry hair, I use a lot of leave-in conditioner which makes my hair pretty damp.

jainygirl

I have 4b hair and i dont put anything on my ends to keep them together. I just twirl the end of each twist into a coil to stop them from unraveling. That's a pic of a set of mini-twists I did in my siggy. -- jainygirl

CarefreeinChicago

The Receptionist Just Said To Now What Have You Done To Your Hair......i Told Her It Was Natural With No Additives....i Like It On Other People But It Just Does Not Seem Comfortable I Am Having Visions Of Perm Why Do People See The Need To Comment On Your Hair

Zoe

I have 2 strand twists in my hair and my hair was recently chopped..

She washed my hair and as it was wet she put a Loc and Twist Gel in my hair then twisted my hair that way..

Only 2 twists actually unraveled and its been almost 3 weeks now..