Two strand twists for camping

Hi, I'm going on a camping holiday on the 31st July to 7th August, and since I'll be sleeping in a tent and doing lots of physical activities, I'd like to not have to fuss with my hair too much, but still have nice looking hair as well. Right now my hair is loose, and I could do braid extensions again, but I'm getting bored of having them, so then I thought about doing two strand twists (without extensions) instead. I've never had them before, but I've looked at photos online of them and they look like a nice easy protective style. I've also practised doing a few twists on my hair to see what it would like and if I could do it, and I reckon I could :yep:.

I have done a search on twist topics, but I just have a few more questions:

Do you reckon two strand twists without extensions is a good hairstyle for camping/holiday?

What is the maximum amount of time do you think I could leave them in? If it's at least a week, then that would be good for my holiday, but if more then even better :)

Would they be OK to swim in? I know we're going swimming at least once, maybe twice, and I'd like the style to stay OK whilst swimming and also shampooing and conditioning.

How often could I wash the twists without them unravelling or getting too messed up? Is it best just to leave washing them for when I'm swimming?

I also plan on using Care Free Curl Gold mixed with a little water in a spray everyday to moisturise my twists. Would this be good?

Thanks in advance :)

hopeful

I think twists would be great for camping. Mine last 1-2 weeks. Easy to shampoo and condition in them but they may get messy and frizzy. I don't know how long they will last on texlaxed hair though (I'm natural), seems like they would unravel.

I think twists would be great for camping. Mine last 1-2 weeks. Easy to shampoo and condition in them but they may get messy and frizzy. I don't know how long they will last on texlaxed hair though (I'm natural), seems like they would unravel.

Oh, my hair is pretty much mostly natural now. I'm ten months post and I only have a few short texlaxed ends left, which I'm holding on to at the moment just for length, but will get rid of them soon when I'm ready. Thanks for your advice though :yep:

Rei

twists are great for camping. I have minitwists in right now :) They do frizz, but you can minimize this by wrapping your twists (yeah i know lol, but i've found this to work), and also USE A SCARF not a bonnet. I haven't been able to keep them nonfrizzy after washing to be honest with you but, they still last me around 2 weeks before the frizz gets insane. Just find a good spray moisturizer and you should be good (I should take my own advice, I use shealoe so i think the handling causes it to get frizzy faster)

twists are great for camping. I have minitwists in right now :) They do frizz, but you can minimize this by wrapping your twists (yeah i know lol, but i've found this to work), and also USE A SCARF not a bonnet. I haven't been able to keep them nonfrizzy after washing to be honest with you but, they still last me around 2 weeks before the frizz gets insane. Just find a good spray moisturizer and you should be good (I should take my own advice, I use shealoe so i think the handling causes it to get frizzy faster)

Hey, thanks for the advice :). I've been sort of test driving twists at the moment, and it's going OK. I just washed them tonight with shampoo, then deep conditioned, and I'm glad to say none of them have unravelled very much. I guess these will do good for camping then :yep:

Rei

^ yep. and they're so low maintenance its great. Just wake up in the morning, (take down wrap, if you end up doing so) and go

Hmmm, after test driving wearing twists for a few days, I think I may be having some second thoughts on them. They looked OK, but not great wearing down, especially since they were so short, and went from hanging down at the beginning, to sticking up and out near the end of my wearing them :ohwell:. Most of the time I just ended up wearing them in ponytails, which was OK but I didn't particularly love them at all. Maybe they're just not for me right now? I think I may just opt for cornrows again, or maybe even braids, I'll see what I feel like next week I guess.