Protein while in two-strand twists?

LightEyedMami

Hello Ladies, I am currently wearing two-strand twists and my hair has been weak and a bit to stretchy lately, can i do a mayonaise treatment while in two strand twists, without causing damage?....I will follow with a deep condition...I just didn't plan to take my twists down til 2 weeks from now if it isn't necessary....any advice is much appreciated :yep:

virtuenow

I do the protein in twists all the time. I'm thinking of stopping b/c there's a chance you're not rinsing it all out. I don't consider mayo to be a protein though.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
I would get some Chi Keratin mist and spritz that on my hair. This will give your strands some protein leave in without overload.

I personally would not do a protein deep treatment in twists or braids. I would vote for doing a deeper treatment in 2 weeks.

LightEyedMami

Thanks Ladies!.... @ Havilland i do have aphoghee keratin mist here, but rinse out protein always feels less crunchy on my hair then leave ins (I'm protein sensitive and low porosity)

ajargon02

Thanks Ladies!.... @ Havilland i do have aphoghee keratin mist here, but rinse out protein always feels less crunchy on my hair then leave ins (I'm protein sensitive and low porosity)

You can try a strengthening conditioned. Something that has wheat protein, or any "strengthening shampoo & conditioner" or aphogee 2 min tx.

Seamonster

I was going to suggest a leave in with protein, but I see you already tried that. How about slapping a little coconut oil over a black tea rinse? That should get you thru the next two weeks until you can do a mayo dc.

LightEyedMami

Thanks Ladies for the suggestions, i ended up taking them down after all last night (they have been in 4 weeks), and did a DC and mayo treatment and my hair feels GREAT, I will try the shampoo and/or coconut ol tea rinse idea, for my new set of twists :yep:...Now off to redo them.