Type 3's with APL-BSL UNSTRETCHED hair

candy626

I was just wondering if there any type 3's on this board with curly hair that falls between APL-BSL, completly dry and unstretched (this is my ultimate goal :yep:).

If so, I was wondering if you could post pictures for inspiration. Also, if you could share what length your hair is, when it is straightened.

Shadiyah

yes please this is my goal too. I know the ones that I have seen are like hl when stretched.

SEMO

Not gonna lie, I would love to see this too! :lol:

I'm 3c/4a and even being a bit past waist length my hair falls around collar bone/shoulder length unstretched. Having my hair fall to APL while curly used to be my goal. Until dealing with my shrinkage made me change my goal. I think I would need to be well beyond tailbone length for my unstrechted hair to hit APL (let alone BSL).

Here's an old pic where half my hair is straight and the other half curly (I was spraying water to revert my hair after flat ironing, so the curly side is not even showing it's full shrinkage).

Perhaps APL and BSL unstretched would be easier for those who are 3a, 3b or fully 3c.

Also, I apologize if my post hijacked your thread, since my pic wasnt what you were going for.

Last edited:

CrissieD

I want to see this too.

Sent from my Super Kewl EVO... Please blame the phone for the typos

leiah

My hair is MBL

length

I want more shrinkage! This is what my hair looks like with no product to hold the curl

LoveLongLocks

I haven't taken an Un-stretched length shot in a couple of months, but these last two are a little past apl. I have a v-hemline, and currently it grazes bra strap un-stretched dry. The first pic was at the beginning of the year @ apl, and you can see it is at waist length. The second picture is more current, and my curls graze bra stap now- pulled grazing hip length. and I added a front shot @ apl dry.
- I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but I hope that it helps.

Attachments

• March 2011HairJournal.jpg
    March 2011HairJournal.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 251
  • LHCF2011alt.jpg
    LHCF2011alt.jpg
    377.6 KB · Views: 238
  • washandgofaceless.jpg
    washandgofaceless.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:

candy626

Not gonna lie, I would love to see this too! :lol:

I'm 3c/4a and even being a bit past waist length my hair falls around collar bone/shoulder length unstretched. Having my hair fall to APL while curly used to be my goal. Until dealing with my shrinkage made me change my goal. I think I would need to be well beyond tailbone length for my unstrechted hair to hit APL (let along BSL).

Here's an old pic where half my hair is straight and the other half curly (I was spraying water to revert my hair after flat ironing, so the curly side is not even showing it's full shrinkage).

Perhaps APL and BSL unstretched would be easier for those who are 3a, 3b or fully 3c.

Also, I apologize if my post hijacked your thread, since my pic wasnt what you were going for.

That's amazing shrinkage!
And no you didn't hijack it. I am 3c/4a myself.

Your hair is gorg by the way :yep:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
My hair would probably have to be to my thighs to be bsl curly. I gave up on this goal when I was hip-length and my hair was barely APL(maybe some curls were APL lol). Sometimes i wonder where it all goes to. It's all good though, I love my curls.

Last edited:

candy626

@Pokahontas
This seems to be the case with 3c'ers. Hair seem to just want to hang out near shoulder length if it's not stretched.

Your hair looks long in your siggy pic though. Is this from a braidout or twistout?

I still need to get the hang of those.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
@Pokahontas
This seems to be the case with 3c'ers. Hair seem to just want to hang out near shoulder length if it's not stretched.

Your hair looks long in your siggy pic though. Is this from a braidout or twistout?

I still need to get the hang of those.

It's a twist n' curl on already stretched hair. Yea my hair is fine and has no weight to it which makes it shrink up even more than someone else who has normal strands and a similar curl pattern. I'm experimenting with ways to stretch out my wash n' go's w/o using the blowdryer.

Last edited:

Diva_Esq

I am mostly 3b with some a and c. Thanks for starting this thread, OP, as I would love to be BSL unstretched and curly. I am just now hitting BSL stretched after BCing to 4" on 4/5/10.

Last edited:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Ok so I'm back with a few pics to show where my hair currently falls curly. I don't take pics of the back of my hair because I rarely like how it looks.

The first pic is my wash n' go after 7 days so it's kinda messy.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
Ok so I'm back with a few pics to show where my hair currently falls curly. I don't take pics of the back of my hair because I rarely like how it looks.

Pokahontas I can't believe your hair looks that good after 7 days!!! My curls are smashed after 2 days or even 1 day :nono:

Your hair is so pretty.

MissMasala5

^^^ITA re: keeping curls looking good beyond a couple days. At day 3 my hair acts like it wants to lock. I'm sure if I did that strand by strand detangling/moisturizing technique instead of doing nothing but air drying after a wng, it would last longer.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
^^^ITA re: keeping curls looking good beyond a couple days. At day 3 my hair acts like it wants to lock. I'm sure if I did that strand by strand detangling/moisturizing technique instead of doing nothing but air drying after a wng, it would last longer.
The tightly curly method has really helped me with getting a week of wear. When I don't do that my curls don't last nearly as well.

Janet'

Gorgeous, gorgeous hair!!!! I'm more 4a than I am 3c, so I won't be posting...but I love seeing all of this gorgeous hair...Maybe I should do a spinoff thread cause I would like to see how natural 4a/3c hair looks unstretched around WL or so...

candy626

Wow not sure how I didn't see this. Gorgeous!