Type 4a/b Staple products & Regimes (long)

kandi1280

Hi guys, I have resurfaced yet again.

I recently relaxed after not relaxing for nearly a year. Actually its more texturized (thanks to this board I learned its better not to relax bone straight). I absolutley love it. However I wanted to share my regime with others of my hair type to see what tips I might share, as well as learn tips from others.

Currently I wash my hair every 5 days. I have learned to rollerset and sleep in the magnetic rollers overnight, and that works wonderful. The rollerset keeps my hair soft and bouncy and it hides my roots when I need to touch up. I currently go 15-16 weeks between touchups using this method.

Also the rollerset helps when going to the gym, because I can't really sweat it out. My staple products right now are Cream of Nature Conditioning shampoo, Mizani moisturefuse conditioner (love this stuff!!),Giovanni direct, proclaim hot 7 oil, suave awaphui conditioner for conditioner washes and Keracare wrap/set foam)

I am in rotatation with the following products trying to decide whether I like them or not. (NTM foam and creamy leave in, Elasta QP H20, Salerm 21, Elasta QP mango butter.

my opinions - salerm 21 - I really like it but feel like I have to wash it out by the 4th day becuase it causes buildup. My hair dries quickly so I must dampen hair to really get the effect of this product. Doesn't really hlep when dry. Smells Great!

NTM - foam and creamy leave in. - works great on dry hair and smells awesome. But after day three hair is dry.

Elsta qP h20 - just started using. Put in rollerset last night. So far hair is bouncy and light. (don't know if its because of this product, or Keracare wrap/set foam)

Elasta QP mango butter - not great moisturizer but great on ends. If I dampen hair with Elasta QP h20 it works pretty good as moisturizer.

This has kind of helped me. I have learned so much from this board when my hair was damaged, especially from members sherrylove and hairlove. Although I have a different hair type then both of them, I noticed that a lot of the products they used worked on my hair great. I guess its not always about your hair type, but more about what your hair likes. After going natural (big chop and all) for 5 months I have learned alot about my hair. Its actually pretty long now - average length about 4 1/2 to 5 inches long. Just got to trim back those split ends. THANKS LHCF!!!

Last edited: