Uneven Haircut

DawnMarie

Hi, all.
I’m a new user -although I believe I’ve read the rules throughly- and I’m not sure this is allowed, but I desperately need advice. (Feel free to delete if you please.)

(First, a little background about myself.)
I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer last year and beat it, at the cost of losing my reproductive system. (...but I’m alive!)
As a result, I don’t have any hormones and I can’t participate in hormone replacement therapy because my cancer was primarily made up of estrogen. I’m 24. Ever since, I’ve tried taking care of myself including growing my hair out because I’m not sure it’s going to last.

Today, I went to get a trim, but my normal stylist was out and another stylist offered to cut my hair. My hair was almost waist length and I just wanted her to trim the ends, but the cut ended up being uneven. It’s pretty noticeable; my family noticed right away. I don’t want to go back because she trimmed more than I wanted originally so I don’t want to lose anymore length. I’m not panicking about it, but I am bummed.

I was wondering if anyone had a similar experience. If so, what did you do? What do you recommend that I do? If I let it grow out, will my hair even itself out? Should I bite the bullet and have her fix it?
I’m not upset with her, I think she was new and I should’ve waited for my stylist anyway.

Thank you in advance!

charmtreese

First off, im happy to hear that you are doing better! Are you able to conceal the unevenness by wearing your hair curly or some other textured style until it grows out?

DawnMarie

First off, im happy to hear that you are doing better! Are you able to conceal the unevenness by wearing your hair curly or some other textured style until it grows out?
Hi, Charmtreese! It’s wonderful to meet you! Thank you for the well wishes. :)

My hair is straight in its natural state and in the spirit of keeping it as healthy as possible I don’t use heat on it - unless it is for a special occasion. :(
I thought about wearing it up until it grows a little. (Although that is going to be a challenge because I almost always wear it down.) I’m wondering if it will even out as it grows?

Also, thank you for being the first person to respond to my first post. I appreciate it. :)

faithVA

:bighug: Congratulations on surviving and thriving.

Wear it curly. You can do a braid and curl or a twist and curl. Or you can do some updo or buns.

It may not grow out even but as you get another inch or two you can have it evened up and it not be that my h of an issue.

If you don't mind losing another inch or two now have your stylist even it up.

Evolving78

Hi, all.
I’m a new user -although I believe I’ve read the rules throughly- and I’m not sure this is allowed, but I desperately need advice. (Feel free to delete if you please.)

(First, a little background about myself.)
I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer last year and beat it, at the cost of losing my reproductive system. (...but I’m alive!)
As a result, I don’t have any hormones and I can’t participate in hormone replacement therapy because my cancer was primarily made up of estrogen. I’m 24. Ever since, I’ve tried taking care of myself including growing my hair out because I’m not sure it’s going to last.

Today, I went to get a trim, but my normal stylist was out and another stylist offered to cut my hair. My hair was almost waist length and I just wanted her to trim the ends, but the cut ended up being uneven. It’s pretty noticeable; my family noticed right away. I don’t want to go back because she trimmed more than I wanted originally so I don’t want to lose anymore length. I’m not panicking about it, but I am bummed.

I was wondering if anyone had a similar experience. If so, what did you do? What do you recommend that I do? If I let it grow out, will my hair even itself out? Should I bite the bullet and have her fix it?
I’m not upset with her, I think she was new and I should’ve waited for my stylist anyway.

Thank you in advance!
I would go to a place like Super Cuts and have it fixed. I had a bad hair cut, and I wore Senegalese twists for a month. My hair was so chopped and short. Once it grew out some, it looked much nicer and I wore my hair out. But since you lave really long hair, you need to get that evened out, what’s the point of having length if it looks crazy?