Up late, removing braids

Platinum

I'm removing a set of box braids tonight and I would like your opinion on what I should do next. Here's what I plan to do:

(1) Wash with Garlic Shampoo, followed by shampoo with Creme of Nature Ultra Moisturizing (2) Aphogee Treatment (3)DC with Queen Helene Cholesterol Condish (4) Seal with a blend oil of leave-in and EO- Jojoba, Grape Seed, Almond and Carrot Oils.

What do you think? Is this a good combination? Do you have any suggestions?

berry87

Sounds Good so far but Is that Aphogee treatment the hardcore one or the 2min?

When was your last Protein treatment?

I suggest you do a mild proetien treatment like the Aphogee 2min first then perhaps do the hardcore treatment In another Few weeks. After braids your hair may be a bit weak or stressed and even though it may need the protien its not best to do a 'hardcore treatment'. I suggest you start out on the safe side and build your way up to the hardcore treatment In the next few weeks IMO.
HTH

so so chic

As with the other poster, I was thinking about a not using such a hardcore protein. Also, I would probably DC with a more moisturizing conditioner. I don't use cholesterol often so maybe this is moisturizing enough? The only other thing is do you moisturize your hair prior to sealing with the oils?

Platinum

I was planning on using the hardcore treatment (I've never used the 2 min before). I used Aphogee 2 1/2 weeks ago before I got the braids. I was hoping to keep them for atleast another two weeks but I had several to slip out and I started looking like a HAM.:sad: Since I'm away from home and can't get back to my braider for a while, I'm going to "baby" my hair and wear a wig.

Thanks.

Platinum

As with the other poster, I was thinking about a not using such a hardcore protein. Also, I would probably DC with a more moisturizing conditioner. I don't use cholesterol often so maybe this is moisturizing enough? The only other thing is do you moisturize your hair prior to sealing with the oils?

Thank you. I was going to keep the cholesterol in for a few hours to moisturize after the treatment. But, I think I'll wait on the Aphogee. I have Creme of Nature with Chamomile & Comfrey Healing Condish and I have some Porosity Control conditioner as well. I'll probably use the PC.

Thanks for your help, Ladies.

nakialovesshoes

I took my braids out a few weeks ago & as I took each cornrow out (they were tree braids), I actually saturated the loose hair w/the Queen Helene Cholesterol mixed w/some Nexxuss Humectress. So basically I did a DC on dry hair 1st. I think I left the DC in overnight & rinsed. Then I went into my wash routine.

Platinum

Okay so I tried the Garlic Shampoo last night and I am amazed. I was expecting much more hair in the bottom of the tub. The last time I shampooed, I collected a ball of hair that was about the size of a softball (no lie!); I cried:cry: for about an hour. This time, I had one about the size of a quarter.:look: This stuff is great! Thank you so for the wonderful information you ladies offer. You're keeping me inspired.