Up late, removing braids

Platinum

I'm removing a set of box braids tonight and I would like your opinion on what I should do next. Here's what I plan to do:

(1) Wash with Garlic Shampoo, followed by shampoo with Creme of Nature Ultra Moisturizing (2) Aphogee Treatment (3)DC with Queen Helene Cholesterol Condish (4) Seal with a blend oil of leave-in and EO- Jojoba, Grape Seed, Almond and Carrot Oils.

What do you think? Is this a good combination? Do you have any suggestions?

Sounds Good so far but Is that Aphogee treatment the hardcore one or the 2min?

When was your last Protein treatment?

I suggest you do a mild proetien treatment like the Aphogee 2min first then perhaps do the hardcore treatment In another Few weeks. After braids your hair may be a bit weak or stressed and even though it may need the protien its not best to do a 'hardcore treatment'. I suggest you start out on the safe side and build your way up to the hardcore treatment In the next few weeks IMO.
HTH

As with the other poster, I was thinking about a not using such a hardcore protein. Also, I would probably DC with a more moisturizing conditioner. I don't use cholesterol often so maybe this is moisturizing enough? The only other thing is do you moisturize your hair prior to sealing with the oils?

I was planning on using the hardcore treatment (I've never used the 2 min before). I used Aphogee 2 1/2 weeks ago before I got the braids. I was hoping to keep them for atleast another two weeks but I had several to slip out and I started looking like a HAM.:sad: Since I'm away from home and can't get back to my braider for a while, I'm going to "baby" my hair and wear a wig.

Thanks.

As with the other poster, I was thinking about a not using such a hardcore protein. Also, I would probably DC with a more moisturizing conditioner. I don't use cholesterol often so maybe this is moisturizing enough? The only other thing is do you moisturize your hair prior to sealing with the oils?

Thank you. I was going to keep the cholesterol in for a few hours to moisturize after the treatment. But, I think I'll wait on the Aphogee. I have Creme of Nature with Chamomile & Comfrey Healing Condish and I have some Porosity Control conditioner as well. I'll probably use the PC.

Thanks for your help, Ladies.

I took my braids out a few weeks ago & as I took each cornrow out (they were tree braids), I actually saturated the loose hair w/the Queen Helene Cholesterol mixed w/some Nexxuss Humectress. So basically I did a DC on dry hair 1st. I think I left the DC in overnight & rinsed. Then I went into my wash routine.

Okay so I tried the Garlic Shampoo last night and I am amazed. I was expecting much more hair in the bottom of the tub. The last time I shampooed, I collected a ball of hair that was about the size of a softball (no lie!); I cried:cry: for about an hour. This time, I had one about the size of a quarter.:look: This stuff is great! Thank you so for the wonderful information you ladies offer. You're keeping me inspired.

Back