Update/Interview w/ Prof Green & his adopted Ethiopian Daughter, Miriam. New Pics!

Re: Update/Interview w/ Prof Green & his adopted Ethiopian Daughter, Miriam. New Pics

Love the update! Miriam's hair is really on the grow! He's doing a great job. :yep:

Re: Update/Interview w/ Prof Green & his adopted Ethiopian Daughter, Miriam. New Pics

Thanks for this! He has done an amazing job on that baby's hair. I love her little twists, and she is absolutely beautiful!

If he can do that, there's no excuse for some of us. :look:

I love this story. Thanks for sharing it. I saw it a while back...I enjoyed the update!

She is a beautiful girl and I love her hair. She has wonderful parents.

Thanks for sharing this. Her hair has grown so much, and it looks so healthy. This is an inspiration interview for us all.

Such a great story. I love her twists. I wish more black moms/dads would consider that style for their little girls.

CheLala: As someone who is from Sudan (which borders Ethiopia) and has a lot of Ethiopian friends with the exact same texture of hair as me (4aish) I find it interesting that so many people think all Ethiopians have "good hair." Ethiopians come in a lot of hues and with a lot of different hair types, from silky to tightly coiled. Granted, they tend to have an overall "look" but I think in the US we are used to seeing one type of Ethopian "look" if you go to Ethiopia the diversity of people is amazing. Beautiful like the country. Great post anyhow, and what a great Dad, I loved the comments!

Last edited:

That little girl is the most adorable child!!!! :love:

And it's sweet to see an update from this family. Downright touching. I'm such a sap, my eyes are all watery... :lol:

I see he used petroleum jelly lol

Yes exactly I was born in Eritrea was Ethiopia borders Sudan and people really don't realise how diverse the Ethiopians really are. But again the reason why you see the overall look is where the areas of the political problems lie which was in the North in the south were people of the Omo, Bumi and Arsi Tribes which people generally think of as West African in appearance did not have to policital strife going on in the south as in the North with the Semetic Amhara, Tigre and Eritrean peoples. That is why you see so many that have that look instead of the other Ethnic groups.

CheLala: As someone who is from Sudan (which borders Ethiopia) and has a lot of Ethiopian friends with the exact same texture of hair as me (4aish) I find it interesting that so many people think all Ethiopians have "good hair." Ethiopians come in a lot of hues and with a lot of different hair types, from silky to tightly coiled. Granted, they tend to have an overall "look" but I think in the US we are used to seeing one type of Ethopian "look" if you go to Ethiopia the diversity of people is amazing. Beautiful like the country. Great post anyhow, and what a great Dad, I loved the comments!

I'm just happy to see a white parent take an interest and responsibility for their child of color's hair. I wish more of them did. I think, black women, rightly or wrongly have so much "information" thrown at us regarding the hair of our and our children's hair, it's difficult to know what to do, and moms who relax or do other damaging things to their children's hair really do have the best of intentions and really do think they are helping. I absolutely hate it, though, when moms (or dads) of other races with black children take no interest in maintaining the child's hair, letting it go unkempt, dry and damaged or worse yet, steadily complain about "this black-people hair" while causing the damage. Ugh! But back to the positive side, yes, it's great. (sorry)

Back