Update on a new subbie and a review on the juice

africanqueen456

Hello all..I took out my sew in and I have some pics:grin:..I also tried some juice today(carefree curl) but Im not sure about it.I feel as though it leaves a sticky film on my hair...It seems moisturizing at first then idk:perplexed..
Also can someone help to grow my crown/middle...The nape seems to be grow in but not the rest..I tried a growth aid which seemed to make it grow but when I did a length check it was the same length as last year any tips?
p.s. Im am in sew ins most of them year.I take down slowly and detangle with oil and condish? I swear it seems like it not growing becuase I do my best to retain...
Also guess my hair type! or at least tell me..

Last edited:

africanqueen456

what hair type do you think I am :grin:

Last edited:

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

wow, pic still big *** hell! :lachen::lachen::lachen: but sis you hair looks very healthy .... maybe between a 4a/4b ????

I bet cho' bottom dollar that the sew ins are causing you to lose the hair! Each time I've worn one in the past, allllllllll my growth with be lost due to the amount of hair that came out each and every time!
never allowing stylist to do a weave on me ever again! I say you need NO TENSION STYLES for a 1-2 years to determine issue

now care free curl gold? i want to mix it with something.... started a thread on it....not many recipes yet:sad:

now let me back out this big *** thread...where's the door

africanqueen456

But sew ins are what have taken me to past apl(I havent that length since I was young and natural)....but I believe my crown hasnt been retaining much.

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
The sew ins may be the reason you're not seeing any progress in your crown. Some people's hair can stay braided/cornrowed up forever and some people just get breakage with these styles. Maybe you could look into some other protective styles. As far as the juice it didn't work for me. My hair prefers creamy leave ins sealed with oil but different people have different regimens. One of the fun parts of being a newbie is experimenting until you find something that works for you. You could try chicoro's moisturizing method which is a 3 step moisturinzing and sealing regimen. It leaves your hair super soft. She also mentions she started using this after the juice/curl activators left her hair feeling like yours. Here is the link
http://www.agrlcanmac.com/2009/11/chicoro-talks-moisturizing-and-sealing.html

I'm also thinking your hair looks 4b. Make sure you pop into the transitioners threads
New *2010* Transitioners Support Thread!
Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread
New *2009* Transitioners Support Thread!

Get to reading those threads and you'll get tons of info on styling, products, regimens, and everything you'll need to know about your transition and your hair

NaturalBoss

I don't like Care Free Curl. I suggest S-Curl No Drip spray for moisturizing. Right now I'm experimenting w/ Long Aid activator (along w/ the S-Curl) and my hair is soft and I'm always getting compliments on my puffs.

Trying to grow out your crown? I would say to just leave it alone. That means no braids or weaves. The reason you are having the problem could be because your hair is being pulled too tight. I wore braids/kinky twists for almost a year after I bc'd and my edges were very thin. So thin, that I wore wigs so no one would see them. I tried all the stuff that's supposed to make your edges grow back and nothing worked. I think it will grow back if you leave it alone. My edges have COMPLETELY grown back and I didn't do anything special.

africanqueen456

:pullhair:You think so hmm...Idk Im at my witch ends...I thought my hair was growing but it seems like my crown has not...Maybe becuase It severly short to begin with..But I am transitioning and my hair breaks a little every time I touch it...I think it is better for me to leave it alone. Then to try to handle the two textures often:nono:I dont think like 10 broken hairs daily will help me retain length

Last edited:

ilahstrait

With the care free curl I spray Infusium 23 original formula then seal with an oil. I notice the Infusium seems to help lock in the moisture from the care free curl. My hair is left feeling really soft and moisturized. I tried just using the care free curl alone and I didn't get the same results. Felt dry a few minutes later when used alone.