Update on Profectiv Relaxler

kitkat3ny

I asked about 3wks ago advice on ORS relaxer since my Phyto II was getting a bit expensive. Well I wound buying the Profectiv touch up relaxer. It was the worst mistake I could've ever done. I have never seen my hair so dry. I'm doing hot oil treatments weekly and CW daily and my hair just can't get enough moisture.

I'd have to rate Profectiv touch up relaxer as 2 thumbs down.

jasmin

Wow I'm surprised. Profectiv use to be raved about by a lot of members.

If I had gone back to no lye Profectiv would have been one of my top choices.

simone103

I had the same issue with Phyto being too expensive and decided to try ORS relaxer. I found that ORS is very similar to Phyto, because it was very gentle to my scalp, my hair still maintained moisture and it got my hair relatively straight.

Spidergul

kitkat3ny said:
I asked about 3wks ago advice on ORS relaxer since my Phyto II was getting a bit expensive. Well I wound buying the Profectiv touch up relaxer. It was the worst mistake I could've ever done. I have never seen my hair so dry. I'm doing hot oil treatments weekly and CW daily and my hair just can't get enough moisture.

I'd have to rate Profectiv touch up relaxer as 2 thumbs down.

I switched to Provectiv about a year ago-2 maybe 3 relaxers ago. I could not figure out why my hair had become drier and began to shed like crazy. I decided to put it up in braids for a month and switch relaxers.

kitkat3ny

I want to try ORS next time but I've been so burnt w/ this Profectiv that I don't want to risk it. It reallly sucks when you slave over your hair and really take care of it for months, then get a relaxer and it ruins all that hard work. My hair is shedding but not really breaking, so I guess that is promising.

Spidergul

simone103 said:
I had the same issue with Phyto being too expensive and decided to try ORS relaxer. I found that ORS is very similar to Phyto, because it was very gentle to my scalp, my hair still maintained moisture and it got my hair relatively straight.

Is ORS the one that has olive oil?
If so, that is the one I used. So far so good. I added a little more olive oil to the mix. I did not want it bone straight-just manageable.:)

simone103

Spidergul said:
Is ORS the one that has olive oil?
If so, that is the one I used. So far so good. I added a little more olive oil to the mix. I did not want it bone straight-just manageable.:)
Yes, ORS is the one with olive oil.