Update (with pics)--Irony: I look better with short hair.

I remember when my hair was in this cut :yep:
photo_120_1402.jpg

Hmmmmmm......i'd better stay out of here w/ my scissor happy self...

yeah..these styles are really hot..i like short cuts like these..
See there!

That's what happened to me!

There's this contestant, Johanna, on that CW show "Stylista," whose precision cut is off the chain! She inspired me to cut off mine!

cw-stylista-prt-johanna_017162-ade96b-281x374.jpg

Another one whose cut I like is Samantha from this cycle's America's Next Top Model; she can do so many styles with it:

cw-antm11-samantha-container_016462-d32053-500x752.jpg

Still another one Holly from Make Me A Supermodel. I loved her original bob style, but her cut even more:
photo_120_1402.jpg

Girl, the cut is HOT! I'm partial to short cuts anyway...All y'all ladies rockin this short hair gonna make me cut all my progress off! I gotta stay away from these short hair threads...

that cut is amazing, your hair looks great!!! work it!!!

if i ever got a short cut, i'd definitely want a carbon copy of what you got :grin:

Nice cut and very versatile! Your stylist has skills. Did she use a razor?

Nope! :)

Just a pair of scissors. She used them and her fingers to "thin" out the hair. (It's hard to explain; I know the hairstylists on the board can explain it better.)

Oh yeah, and clippers, too, for the hairline in the back.

It looks great! :yep:

Where are the comparison pictures, the long hair photos?

Oh. Lemme throw some on here. My bad...

I took these last year when I came out of locs. I was natural, collar-bone length, but didn't know how to style my hair (wish I would have known about LHCF!), so I got a 10" sew-in weave, with the front hair left out and blended.

The stylist did a really good job razor-cutting layers to frame my face.

I got a lot of compliments with this, too, as people didn't believe it wasn't mine.

Attachments

• Me at Hart and Huntington Tattoo.jpg
    Me at Hart and Huntington Tattoo.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 14
  • This Margarita is Good.jpg
    This Margarita is Good.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 15
Girl, the cut is HOT! I'm partial to short cuts anyway...All y'all ladies rockin this short hair gonna make me cut all my progress off! I gotta stay away from these short hair threads...

Aw!

Your progress pics are the business! Such glossy and healthy hair! Wow!

I took these last year when I came out of locs. I was natural, collar-bone length, but didn't know how to style my hair (wish I would have known about LHCF!), so I got a 10" sew-in weave, with the front hair left out and blended.

I got a lot of compliments with this, too, as people didn't believe it wasn't mine.
The longer hair also looks good on you, too! You can to either!:yep:

OT...Girl don't you dare, your hair is too cute and your progress is wonderful!

Thank you. You look great in these pics too, very elegant :yep:. My take is that you look great with both long and short hair.

Very cute hair style and I absolutely love the color. What color do you use?

I used Clairol's Textures & Tones in Light Golden Brown. Underneath that is an Aveda Color, a 6C--Some copper color that only took it up one shade, because the Institute didn't want to overprocess my hair. I wore it for one week--nobody noticed the color change--until I bought the Clairol kit a week later.

I'll get someone to take close-ups next week. The student actually left my hairline and nape my natural dark-brown color, which is really cool and complements the cut. I used foil and followed the same pattern with the Clairol kit.

Clairol's really good for the money! For seven and some change, you get some really rich color and conditioning--especially with relaxed hair!

it's not weird though to look better with shorter hair, you have the face for it. my mom never grew her hair long ever! short hair is her staple.

some people actually do look better with short hair and there are a lot of nice styles our right now to play with also.

Hi!

I took some pics today of the cut, and also included some pre-haircut ones I took right after I did my color (in black tank top) two weeks ago.

I'm three days away from being 8 weeks post. After I retouch next weekend, I'll upload some more.

I'll get the hang of taking really good pics like everyone else on the board, eventually. (Taking more than 10 minutes to get one suitable picture is NOT cool.)

Soror - your hair looks great!!! You could go either way and it would still be tight!

Back