*************Updates!! Updates!!!**************

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

Hey ladies

I just updated my album and I would like to share with you my hair pics that I took after I texturized my hair today. I was trying to stretch my texturizer for 6 months but unfortunately I was unable to handle all the new growth that I was gaining so I had to cave in and texturize my hair at 3 months.
I also tried to highlight my hair because my hair was becoming very dark due to my pre-poo treatment which contains henna and alma oil so I decided to add some highlights to add some life to my hair. Hopefully, I won't have severe damage from doing the highlights but so far so good. The only problem I have is that my hair is extremely fine and I am hoping that it will get thick as my hair journey continues. Apart from that I am really loving
my texturized hair
:yay:

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

ximenia said:
Looks pretty. Doesn't look damaged at all. What texturizer do you use and how long do you leave it in?

Thank you!!!
I am going to take extra care of my hair since I applied the highlights to it. At first I used Designer Touch mild texturizing relaxer but this time I tried the regular and this was the end results and I love it.
I applied the texturizer in sections to my new growth first and then I smooth texturizer before I rinsed it out. I left it on for a total of 15- 25 minutes because that's what the instructions stated but do not exceed 30 minutes.

cocopuff

I think your texturized hair looks very pretty!!! I thought about texturizing before, but I just don't know. It looks good on you, though.

Healthb4Length

:eek: wow:eek: ! Your curls are really beautiful! You did a good job! Are the curls also a result of the curly custard...if so I will be ordering soon!

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

Alli77 said:
:eek: wow:eek: ! Your curls are really beautiful! You did a good job! Are the curls also a result of the curly custard...if so I will be ordering soon!

Thank you!!!
I didn't use the kinky curly curling custard last night. Instead I applied Suave citrus smoothie, African Royale leave-in conditioner, myhoneychild honey hair soy milk and for final touches I applied Shapleys no. 1 light oil.
and Elasta QP feels like silk. But I am still encouraging you to get the kinky curly curling custard if you can because it definately makes the curls pop more:love:.

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

I just want to say thank you very much for all your compliments and encouraging words:

Nice

Cminter:kiss:
Cheesecake555:kissing4:
Cocopuff:kissing4:
Den1:kiss:
Alli77:kiss:
Sweetpeadst:kissing4:

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

lovelymissyoli said:
You must have some precision hands because your texturizer looks good! :)

Aww!! Thank you!!!:kiss:
. I could'nt tell you the last time I went to a salon to get my hair styled or have a relaxer applied to my hair. I am always applying the relaxer/texturizer myself because the hairdressers are always mishandling my hair, chopping it off or I always end up with burns to my scalp.
So, I would rather do my hair myself, not that I didn't have a few mishaps in the past but because I know how to treat my own hair and thanks to LHCF I am better able to take care of my hair

Ronda123

Classy, your curls are pretty! How often do you wash your hair and what products do you use to wash? Do you sleep with a silk scarf at night to retain moisture? TIA

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

Ronda123 said:
Classy, your curls are pretty! How often do you wash your hair and what products do you use to wash? Do you sleep with a silk scarf at night to retain moisture? TIA

Thank you so much for the compliments!!
I love your curls too, they are so cute.I wash my hair once a week because I don't really have the time to wash it more often and also to avoid re-braiding my hair. I am also currently on the MTG challenge and the stinky challenge so I want to keep the MTG and Sulfer8 mixture on my scalp as long as possible so that I can achieve maximum results. So after washing my hair and it has been airdried I put my hair in braids (plaits) using world of curls, mega-tek rebuilder on my roots and some myhoneychild type 4 hair creme on the ends. After braiding my hair I wear a wig for the entire week until it's my wash day again. But soon I won't wearing my wigs anymore once I am able to make a big puff or a low ponytail without just a little teeny weeny piece of hair hanging out.

As you can clearly see I am controllable PJ so I don't use one set shampoo and conditioner. However, I rotate between, AO shampoo and conditioner, Mane and Tail shampoo and conditioner, Nexxus shampoo and conditioner, Jasons shampoo and conditioner, Creme of Nature shampoo (green label) Vo5 and Suave conditioners. I recently discovered Clairol Herbal Essence conditioner (pink bottle) and it's the best cheapie conditioner I have ever used. I fell inlove immediately.
Pantene hydrating curls is also another very good cheapie conditioner as well that I love. For weekly deep conditioning, I rotate between Elasta QP DPR-11 and Lustrasilk herbal cholesterol deep conditioning cream and I add my Emami Plus Alma herbal hair oil (found at www.naturalplaza.com) . Then I put on my plastic cap and I go under the hooded dryer on low setting for 15 minutes. After sitting under the hooded dryer I rinse the deep conditioner out, I apply my styling aids on wet hair and comb through once and just let my hair airdry.

Yes, I do sleep with a silk or satin scarf and a satin bonnet at night and I also sleep on a satin pillow case just in case those fly off my head. By doing this my hair retains the moisture therefore preventing dryness and breakage. I have never tried sleeping without a silk/satin scarf because I am too afraid of what might happen.

HTH. Good luck to you on your hair journey!!

Last edited: