urgent hot oil treatment questions

bellezanegra826

Whenever I do a hot oil treatment, it always seems that my hair never comes out better than before. I was thinking that maybe if I put a hot oil treatment dry (not very much oil at all) and just not rinse it out what will happen? I have jojoba hot oil by queen helen. Has anyone ever tried doing a hot oil treatment and not washing it out? I did a search but for some reason no results turned up. I thought that was odd so I did a search on mtg and I only got like 9 results. I think my searcher is messed up because I know there are hundreds of mtg posts.

Sistaslick

I'm still trying to figure out how to do an effective hot oil treatment without scalding my self :lol: For me, the warmer the oils, the better otherwise it just coats.

I had to go back to hot oil treatments this winter (every 2 weeks) and my hair loves it. It keeps my hair supple in this crazy Texas weather. I should have never let them go.

BAILEYSCREAM

bellezanegra826 said:
Whenever I do a hot oil treatment, it always seems that my hair never comes out better than before. I was thinking that maybe if I put a hot oil treatment dry (not very much oil at all) and just not rinse it out what will happen? I have jojoba hot oil by queen helen. Has anyone ever tried doing a hot oil treatment and not washing it out? I did a search but for some reason no results turned up. I thought that was odd so I did a search on mtg and I only got like 9 results. I think my searcher is messed up because I know there are hundreds of mtg posts.

If you usually do a hot oil treatment before you wash and you never get good results, why not try doing the hot oil treatment after you have shampooed and conditioned then use some heat....standing hair dryer, steamer (if you have either of those) or hot towels if you don't....leave the hot oil on your hair for the duration eg 15-30 minutes and then rinse it out with warm water.....this works great on my friend's hair....it comes out very shiny and soft.

MeechUK

MeechUK
I read in Essence Magazine about leaving oils in your hair overnight and wearing a plastic cap. This works great for me, sometimes I mix conditioner in with the oils and leave it on my hair for a few hours before washing. I find this really helps me to avoid a dry scalp.

I think maybe you should look at the oils that you are using! Olive oil never works for me, but EOs are great because they really penetrate your hair. Which oils do you use?

MeechUK

Last edited:

myco

bellezanegra826 said:

I like hot oil treatments but I haven't felt like dealing with oil running down my neck lately. Instead, I put conditioner on dry hair for 20 minutes-overnight. After shampooing that out, I mix my oil in with my conditioner. Sometimes I use heat and other times I just tie it up in a towel all day. Then I rinse and style. I think it gives a boost to the conditioning process and it's less messy.

tenderheaded

I'm sitting here having trouble keeping my hands out of my hair:perplexed I combine 2 tbls of carrot oil/evoo mixture with suave milk and honey. I mix well, apply and cover with plastic cap. I did my 40 min of cardio then left it on for a total of 2 hrs. It rinsed out very easily! I used Aphogee shampoo for damaged hair.

LadyZ

I usually do a hot oil then shampoo...

This time I shampooed, then did my hot oil...

There was a big difference in how my hair felt doing the later...
I will always shampoo first then Hot oil and condition afterward...

HTH

jrae

This thread and another one inspired me to give my hair a little TLC today. I put a mixture of EVOO and Castor Oil on dry hair and sat with a heat cap for 30 minutes. Then applied Suave Humectress for another 30 minutes and rinsed. Then I used Pandora's ponytail method to rollerset and air dry. I haven't combed it out yet, but my hair is so soft, I know I won't be able to stop playing with it. :p

Lady Z, how'd yours turn out?

LadyZ

jrae said:
This thread and another one inspired me to give my hair a little TLC today. I put a mixture of EVOO and Castor Oil on dry hair and sat with a heat cap for 30 minutes. Then applied Suave Humectress for another 30 minutes and rinsed. Then I used Pandora's ponytail method to roller set and air dry. I haven't combed it out yet, but my hair is so soft, I know I won't be able to stop playing with it. :p

Lady Z, how'd yours turn out?

It turned it really good this time... I was fighting shedding and it was a lot better... I will keep doing the shampoo, then hot oil regemin...