Very Confused

SoAnxious12

Hello Ladies
It's been a long time because i have my braids in but now i'm having problems. I wash my braids about every 2 1/2 weeks because i'm so busy with school and everything. So I noticed all the braids in the back have all come out. I would get them done over but these braids come out in 2 weeks and i keep them down so no one sees them, but thats not the problem. The lady when braiding my hair used gel so my hair would stay in the braids. When the braids come out its like the hair is twisted together and there's little gray stuff inside it (what i think may be the gel). I can't really "comb" through it so when i comb my hair it comes out like a knot. I was wondering when i do take my braids out in 2 maybe 3 weeks if that would happen to the rest of my hair.
On a good note despite the knot problem my nape area is growing. When i was relaxed i it never grew now it's about to be a lil past neck length when stretched(the only part of my hair with major shrinkage or any shrinkage for that matter).
Thanks in advance
Sydney

ubavka123

Get some braid removal spray for the knots. It really helps to detangle the hair. You may have this problem when you take out the whole head of braids, but you can use braid removal spray to ease out the knots which could be product build-up and shed hair. Use lots! Good luck and be very gentle removing your braids, especially since gel was used (I have never heard of that). Take your time and you won't regret it!