Virgin Texturizer/Texlax Question

Theresamonet

Next weekend, I'll be doing a virgin texturizer using the Alter Ego Linange system...

I need to know: How have you ladies, who've done virgin texturizers and texlaxes, worn your hair in the week leading up to the application?

I need my hair to not be a tangled and knotted mess on D-day. I was thinking about wearing pinned up twists this week... But I was also thinking that maybe a stretched style would not be the best choice, since I am going for textured results. My ends stretch very easily, and that could possibly interfere with the final outcome. Or maybe it wouldn't?? :scratchch

I had this same issue the last time I did a virgin texlax, but I can't remember what I ultimately did about it. :lol:

I wish I could just wash my hair the day before I relax... :look::sekret:

Bumping for u.

When I was natural, my hairdresser did my texturizer (7yrs ago). I currently texturize myself using alter ego texturizer. The week or 2 before I relax I straighten my hair. I don't remember what I did before texturizing when I was natural, but I probably blow dried my hair.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

Bumping for u.

When I was natural, my hairdresser did my texturizer (7yrs ago). I currently texturize myself using alter ego texturizer. The week or 2 before I relax I straighten my hair. I don't remember what I did before texturizing when I was natural, but I probably blow dried my hair.

pelohello Your hair being straight when you did the texturizer didn't cause your hair too get too straight? Since your natural hair texture was already smoothed out?

pelohello Your hair being straight when you did the texturizer didn't cause your hair too get too straight? Since your natural hair texture was already smoothed out?

Idk for me No, what makes it too straight is ur smoothing technique, how long u leave it on & ur hair type. I did more smoothing in the back & less smoothing in the front. I also do the half & half method.

I rollersetted and flatironed my roots a week before texlaxing. By the time I texlaxed my hair had reverted somewhat. The rollerset made it a lot easier to part through the strands for application.

Next weekend, I'll be doing a virgin texturizer using the Alter Ego Linange system...

I need to know: How have you ladies, who've done virgin texturizers and texlaxes, worn your hair in the week leading up to the application?

I need my hair to not be a tangled and knotted mess on D-day. I was thinking about wearing pinned up twists this week... But I was also thinking that maybe a stretched style would not be the best choice, since I am going for textured results. My ends stretch very easily, and that could possibly interfere with the final outcome. Or maybe it wouldn't?? :scratchch

I had this same issue the last time I did a virgin texlax, but I can't remember what I ultimately did about it. :lol:

I wish I could just wash my hair the day before I relax... :look::sekret:

I just did my virgin texlax with Linange about 6 weeks ago. The week before I did my normal wash routine then put my hair in about 8 plaits making sure they were loose at the base. I wore a scarf or my wig during that week.

I think it's key to stretch your hair somehow before.... especially the roots so you can part thru quickly... If I were you, I'll put my hair in snug celie plaits (or twists but braid the bottom), pin it up, and wear it for a week..... take it out the morning of your relaxer.... if you want textured results... maybe use a texturizer? or add oil to your relaxer? I'm relaxed straight so I dont know how to get textured results...

Thank you ladies. I'm going to wear two goddess braids for the week. I was thinking that wearing a stretched style would interfere with the process, but I guess it wont. Thank you all for the insight.

But I'm gonna miss your fro :lol:. And don't ask me why the hell I'm so invested in your hair. I just don't like seeing people getting hooked on the crack again. Have you tried heat training and rollersetting :drunk:?

Cause my natural hair hates me, and I hate her a.ss right back. :catfight:

Only one of us can run this show... I win. :lol:

But I'm gonna miss your fro :lol:. And don't ask me why the hell I'm so invested in your hair. I just don't like seeing people getting hooked on the crack again. Have you tried heat training and rollersetting :drunk:?

I just don't want to be natural anymore. My mind is pretty much made up. If I ever want to be natural again, I know where to find it. :lol:

Thanks for your concern though. :) I'll leave this siggy pic up for a while, if you'd like.

Please post pics! I texlaxed in Jan after 5 years natural, my hair is growing soooo well now. Good luck!!

Please post pics! I texlaxed in Jan after 5 years natural, my hair is growing soooo well now. Good luck!!

Thank you. This is what I'm hoping will be the outcome for me as well. My hair grew so much better during my 2 year transition. My natural ends just are not about that long hair life. Way too high maintenance. This is my second time trying to be natural in the last 5 years and I'm over it. I used to love caring for my hair, styling my hair, trying out new things, etc. Now its just a burden; a second job.

I can't wait to see your pics:).

And the beauty about hair is if you don't want to be texlax anymore you can always go back to being natural. Nothing is ever permanent once you change it:lol:.

Good Luck!!:drunk:

I just don't want to be natural anymore. My mind is pretty much made up. If I ever want to be natural again, I know where to find it. :lol:

Thanks for your concern though. :) I'll leave this siggy pic up for a while, if you'd like.

Lmao at "i know where to find it"

I can't wait for pics!

Sent from my phone-typos to be expected :)

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:
i totally feel u on this. Just do what will make u happy

I bought a jar last week in hopes of doing it this weekend. It never occurred to me that I would need more than one jar. :blush:

I'll be texturizing my hair this weekend using Elucence gentle formula. I bought 2 15oz jars. I hope it's enough. I have really thick hair.

I've been natural 5 years this time around. I was natural for 7 years before I texlaxed back in 2006. Saturday I did a henna/indigo treatment & put my hair in 8 flat twists. Tomorrow I will do one more protein treatment and put it back in twists or plaits.

I am so over MY natural hair it ain't even funny. Can't wait to get back to loving my hair again.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using LHCF

I bought a jar last week in hopes of doing it this weekend. It never occurred to me that I would need more than one jar. :blush:

It depends on how much hair you have. The last time I relaxed virgin hair, I used 2-2.5 jars... I can't remember exactly. Now I have double the hair.

I'll be texturizing my hair this weekend using Elucence gentle formula. I bought 2 15oz jars. I hope it's enough. I have really thick hair.

I've been natural 5 years this time around. I was natural for 7 years before I texlaxed back in 2006. Saturday I did a henna/indigo treatment & put my hair in 8 flat twists. Tomorrow I will do one more protein treatment and put it back in twists or plaits.

I am so over MY natural hair it ain't even funny. Can't wait to get back to loving my hair again.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using LHCF

I may not use the four jars I ordered, but I rather have them just to be safe. Last time, I had to have SO run out to Sally's and get me another jar. Good thing I was doing the half/half method or I would have been F-d up.

Im wearing a blow out right now, so it looks I'll be relaxing on a reverted blowout at the end of the week.

At the bolded: I understand you completely. I'm so ready for this to be over. It was either a relaxer or a fade (and I was starting to get real trigger happy with the scissors).. I think I'm making the better choice. :yep:

It depends on how much hair you have. The last time I relaxed virgin hair, I used 2-2.5 jars... I can't remember exactly. Now I have double the hair.
7 years worth of virgin hair, I think I might need to get back on eBay and order another jar. My husband is trying to talk me out of it, he says he enjoys the different textures but I don't enjoy the matting that happens every other day.

Theresamonet I'm planning on relaxing/texlaxing my hair soon(virgin hair). Do you think 3 boxes of ORS no-lye relaxer will be enough for hair between APL and BSL?

Last edited:
Back