VIVISCAL or NIOXIN RECHARGING COMPLEX & WHY?

SaintLuxe

i am currently using Nioxin Recharging Complex & it is definitely making my hair grow(it's just been 2wks since my touchup & i have a 1/4" of new growth-i think that is good), but i am hearing interesting things about Viviscal...anyone want to offer their opinion on which one is better?

TIA!

growingbrown

SaintLuxe said:
i am currently using Nioxin Recharging Complex & it is definitely making my hair grow(it's just been 2wks since my touchup & i have a 1/4" of new growth-i think that is good), but i am hearing interesting things about Viviscal...anyone want to offer their opinion on which one is better?

TIA!

I have been using Viviscal for almost 2 months now and I can say that I have notice growth of my eyelashes and eyebrows. :) I have been watching my hair like crazy :look: and I am noticing increasing growth whill my braids are in. I will continue to use Viviscal for the recommended 6 months to see how much growth I can reach. I only had my braids in for 5 day. I hope I can get to where you are in 2 wks with growth :D

XXXtacy

Bump for more responses.

Never heard of Viviscal. Contemplating buying Nioxin until I heard about this..

comike

I had good results with Nioxin and I only used one bottle (30 day supply). In addition to my deep conditioning treatments, I would have to say my hair seems to be a bit thicker and the texture has become a bit softer. There was an increase in growth too. I'm giving GNC Ultra NourishHair a try now to see if they work as well because they are less expensive. If not, I'm going back to Nioxin.

SaintLuxe

comike said:
I had good results with Nioxin and I only used one bottle (30 day supply). In addition to my deep conditioning treatments, I would have to say my hair seems to be a bit thicker and the texture has become a bit softer. There was an increase in growth too. I'm giving GNC Ultra NourishHair a try now to see if they work as well because they are less expensive. If not, I'm going back to Nioxin.

that is so funny that you mentioned switching to UltraNourish...i switched from that to Nioxin because i didn't see any results. plus, i was trying to avoid buying another bottle of horse pills-those GNC suckas were huge!:lol:

joyous

comike said:

I've never tried Viviscal but the Nioxin have worked wonders for my hair. I tried them in the past for about 30 days and I saw no results but then someone started a thread about doubling the dose. Let me tell you, doubling the dose has worked wonders on my hair. In a little over a month my new growth is lush and thick, even my hairline is filling in nicely and that has been a problem area for a while. I've suffered from thin hair for a while but it doesn't look thin now. Alot of posters report gaining 2 inches a month after 3-4 months of use. I gained 1.25 inches this month. I'm excited to see what happens at the 3 month mark, hopefully 2 inches monthly.

Last edited:

JLove74

I was at my dermatologist office today and noticed that she sells Viviscal. I think I'm going to give it a try. She recommends it to most of her patients, has seen great improvements and uses it herself - she has beautiful hair!

If you're in the DC area and interested in purchasing it in person here is the office location and phone number:
Dr Cheryl Burgess
Center for Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery
2311 M St., NW (near Rizt Carlton on M St.)
202-955-5757

P

patient1

J. Love,

YOur dermatologist has her own national skin care line, no? Or does she recommend one in advertisements? Her name sounds familiar?

p1

KiniKakes

I take the Nioxin Recharging Complex..... and Futurebiotics Hair, Skin & Nails multi-vitamin...... and Flax Seed Oil. I take these supplements 2x per day. Its been about 5 weeks......... and Ive had cornrows....... so i dont know if this has served to thicken it or grow it any faster, as i havent been able to really track the difference. Just took the braids out, and I'll update ya'all after my touch-up this week.

JLove74

patient1 said:
J. Love,

YOur dermatologist has her own national skin care line, no? Or does she recommend one in advertisements? Her name sounds familiar?

p1

Yes she developed the line Black Opal.

Nazarite27

I haven't tried Viviscal, but I've always heard wonderful things about it. I am currently taking Nioxin Recharging Complex and am on my third bottle. This has been combined with the MN/NEO mixed in with Lenzi's Request. My hair is currently in twists and all I can say is that my edges have grown in FULL and THICK - this was an area of concern for me. In terms of length, all I can say is WOW!! I have my hair in the Afro Kinky Twists and the growth has been outstanding!! I plan to take them out in July, at which time I should be able to see just how much my hair has grown. But I can tell by the way some of my twists are hanging..that it has grown tremendously!!

I first started out using the Lenzi's Request. From March 11 to April 11, I gained 1.5 inches. After April 11th, I added MN and Neo to my Lenzi's Request and my hair took the f*** off!!! From that point, I added the Nioxin (2x's a day) and I could just see my edges filling in, my hair growing underneath my twists, my eyebrows, eyelashes, etc.

I've tried HF 37 and while they were effective, I do not believe that they were as effective as Nioxin. HF37 was far too expensive.

Besides, Nioxin not only helps with one's hair, but skin and nails as well. My skin is flawless and my nails are long, strong and beautiful. :D

KiniKakes

Wondering if there are any Viviscal updates from women who have been consistently taking this vitamin?

indefinite

My hair grew extremely fast with Nioxin. I ain't goin' nowhere. If it ain't broke, I ain't gotta fix it. Nioxin for me:lol:

comike

SaintLuxe said:
that is so funny that you mentioned switching to UltraNourish...i switched from that to Nioxin because i didn't see any results. plus, i was trying to avoid buying another bottle of horse pills-those GNC suckas were huge!:lol:

Decided to switch back to Nioxin. As you did, I got tired of the horse pills....I didn't even finish the bottle. Plus, they didn't do much for my hair like Nioxin did.

growingbrown

KiniKakes said:
Wondering if there are any Viviscal updates from women who have been consistently taking this vitamin?

I will be retouching my hair this weekend. It seems to be growing and is very thick. When I first go my braids 2 months ago, my hair was almost 17 1/2 long. I will try to measure before I trim my ends. Although the ends look good and I may not trim them. I dont know....

lana

I would love to hear about results from Nioxin. I just started doubling up on the pills today. I will post my results in a few months. But anyone with anything to say...I'm reading! I'm excited about these vitamins. Oh and I'm wearing my hair up and not checking the length until December....so I don't know if I can tell how much this is helping. (Ah!)

sweetgal

Thanks girl ...you always repond to me and i have my back i am going to try them for 2 months and go from there

lana

Go to google and type in Nioxin Recharge...it'll show you several websites that have the vitamins for sale. I bought a bottle of 30 for 12.99 online. I hope this helps.

Mahalialee4

I took them for 30 days then had to wait while the supplier jacked up my order and kept me waiting for 3 weeks nearly and threw me off my game. But I really cannot expect to have much to share at 30 days and a delay. So I have just been back on as of a week ago and will need to wait for another 30 days to give any feedback but I will. bonjour