VS So Sexy Serum vs. Fantasia IC

What would YOU use as a heat protectant

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

beans4reezy

I am sitting under the dryer now with rollers. After I am done, I plan to flat iron my hair. I am trying to choose between my VS So Sexy Serum and the Fantasia IC (pink bottle). Normally, I would use the VS, because it smells so yummy, but it looks thin. The Fantasia is cheaper, but it looks like a richer serum, so I am thinking that maybe it will protect my hair better

What would you ladies do in my situation? I am flat ironing tonight, so I needed your help :yep:

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I have the IC (Pink) Like It.:grin:

Starronda's Reviews Tempt me to try the VS Serum!:look:

She always has such Good Reviews on it. And Her Hair Blings in Her Siggy.:yep:

MangaManiac

I LOVE my IC (pink bottle)! It's so inexpensive and it lasts SUCH a long time. I just started using it in June (thanks to LHCF!) and I've noticed MUCH better results. My hair doesn't get that burnt smell, shed, or break off, and it stays straighter longer!

Honestly, I haven't tried the VS serum, but I'd assume that if it's lighter you may have to use more of it, but it probably won't weigh your hair down.

Also, is it actually meant to be a heat protectant? The IC is and I'd be a little wary of using something that wasn't specifically geared to protecting me hair. Just a thought...

BlackMasterPiece

That IC Pink Bottle is a good look! I love it! Right now I have it in the spray form but I'm gonna go get me the serum next time the richer the better, cheap and effective, my kinda product:yep:

I wanna give that VS so sexy a whirl just for the smell though:giggle:

beans4reezy

Also, is it actually meant to be a heat protectant? The IC is and I'd be a little wary of using something that wasn't specifically geared to protecting me hair. Just a thought...

Thank you Manga! This is something I never even thought about. I just thought serum was synonomous with heat protectant :perplexed

Bosslady1

vs so sexy wins. i deep conditioned with the conditioner (and olive oil) last night. still smells sultry today!

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
Thanks Teri!
I swear by VS conditioner and the VS Serum..The serum is very light, you just need a little and your hair smells yummy all day. I use the entire hairlinne sometimes and always been happy with it...And of course, dont forget the bling:yep:

I have the IC (Pink) Like It.:grin:

Starronda's Reviews Tempt me to try the VS Serum!:look:

She always has such Good Reviews on it. And Her Hair Blings in Her Siggy.:yep:

Starronda

Yup. It's not overkill either, you'll smell it throughout the day every once in awhile..Even when I can't smell it anymore, I always get compliments on how nice my hair smells from my SO and coworkers. I also have the oil sheen that I use lightly every once in awhile.

^^^ So the smell lasts even after you flat iron?

BlackMasterPiece

That sounds amazing!! thanx for the tips starronda! I think I'll try it:yep: I wonder how it'll do on my natural hair:scratchch I LOVE me a good smellin serum:lick:

Last edited:

Starronda

BlackMasterPiece
I have relaxed hair..Girl, go ahead and get it..You'll fall in love...You too Terri!!! Still waiting for you!

BlackMasterPiece

Whops I meant I wonder how it'll do on my natural hair:lol:.....cuz I usually need a thicker serum to get it to go from coily to straight so i'm kinda concerned about it being very light, I guess i'll haveta see:ohwell:

Last edited:

beans4reezy

I used the Fantasia IC and it works GREAT! I am 27 weeks post and I flat ironed only to manage my hair- not for it to hang loose and swang. I figure that I will wait to use the VS when my hair is out and I am out and about with my SO to drive him crazy!

I have the VS So Sexy conditioner too...I can't wait to try that out!!

MangaManiac

Hey guys,

So according to the Victoria's Secret website the VS serum is NOT a heat protectant. It's meant to be a finishing shine serum that goes over finished hair. It says so in the application section of the "VS Supersmooth straightening balm" page. And that's in addition to the serum page not mentioning anything about protecting your hair from heat.

I'd say use IC and then coat with the VS serum. That way you protect your hair (and your wallet!) and get to have the delicious VS smell. ;)

Personally, I love their shampoo and conditioner because the smell lingers for DAYS!

Starronda

Just mix it with a little Chi or Sabino Moisture Block. Thats what I do..My hair is protected, never damaged and I havent had a trim in over a year, but I'm sure everyones hair is different