Wa Wa hair?

Belle Du Jour

I know my girls on here love their Remi :)
But has anyone used a hair called "wa wa?" They make a human hair "blend" as they call it. But also this synthetic hair (which I usually don't buy) that looks and feels JUST LIKE straight yaki human hair. Supposedly you can use heat on it too. I'm supposed to get micro braids, so I was debating between this hair and human hair. Has anyone done braids with this hair?

TIA.

HoneyDew

I used it and I have pics in my album.

It dried my hair out badly and I only left the braids in for a few weeks.

Belle Du Jour

Thanks for the reply. The hair you have in your album look different from the one I have, though. Mine is not that shiny. Was that hair "pony hair?" Because I used pony hair before, and had to take it out because it dried my hair out badly, too. Dag, though, I already bought it, so I have to use it. I guess I have to be religious with my s-curl to combat dryness. :/

HoneyDew

It did not look as shiny in the pack. One they put it in and used moisturizer it looked too shiny. I guess because it cannot absorb the moisture.

It was not pony hair. The picture of the pack I have was exactly the one I have.

But your's may be different, I think they have different hair, but the way you described the one you have is exactly how the one I bought is described on the package.

Belle Du Jour

HoneyDew said:
It did not look as shiny in the pack. One they put it in and used moisturizer it looked too shiny. I guess because it cannot absorb the moisture.

It was not pony hair. The picture of the pack I have was exactly the one I have.

But your's may be different, I think they have different hair, but the way you described the one you have is exactly how the one I bought is described on the package.

It might be the same one, then :(

HoneyDew

I think it is good for a quick braid style like cornrows, but not something you want to leave in for a longtime. It was just way too drying. Kanekalon was better than this stuff.

Can they do your braids with kanekalon and then dip the ends in hot water? I used to get this style it was cute and I had no need to curl the ends.

If you wanted more hair left out on the ends for style, the kanekalon would not help, but I just felt that the WAWA synthetic was too drying. It's like it soaked the moisture from my hair, but could nto hold it so it would start to feel sticky and too oily.

lawgirl02

I hated Wa Wa "like human" hair. It tangled very badly and I could not curl it with a curling iron at all. My micros looked a mess after 4 weeks. I wasted $30 for 3 bags to do my hair. I would have been better off with a cheaper brand of human hair. I have not tried the human/snythetic blend version, but i heard from friends that it is crappy, too.