Wanna change hair color for a day

diamoness

I'm not gonna bleach or permanently dye may hair. Its black, natural and rinses do NOT take. What do those gothic teenagers use??? I know they're not dying their hair everyday!!! I want a reddish-orange or strawberry blonde color. Any ideas?
Thanks!

One very popular temporary dye among goth teens is red Kool Aid. No joke! It gives a lasting stain.

They also use that temporary tint stuff you get at Sally's (in comes in wild colors). Don't know the name of it.

Thanx melodee....I went to sallys and they only had the dumb colors (white, green, blue). I'm gonna read up on the kool-aid thing, but do you think it will even show up on my black hair?.....well, I guess I could just try and see. At least kool-aid wont cost me a grip.

Generally, we "gothic" teenages use things like Manic Panic. Look at Hot Topic. You might be able to find some there. Or, a spray in, which will be easy to find since Halloween is coming up. Walmart carries all sorts of colors, and depending on your hair, if it takes, you might get a red you like. Hope that helps.

yeah, you need some manic panic or la riche directions dye. if you want a vivid color then you will need to bleach your hair. anything on top of black won't really show up.

A day? I have a solution! I bought this hair color spray for like a 1.69 to put streaks in my hair.I got the gold color,it produced light brown streaks. It works!! I alot of my co workers loved them !I will add some streaks when I get home and take pics of my hair and the spraycan so you can see .

Last edited:
Sorry but Manic Panic despite being very popular is just plain crappy imo, go for a dark red and you'll get pink. Stargazer, a British brand, is awesome though and actually goes on the color in the tube. It doesn't have ammonia or peroxide. Adore's been talked about on the boards too, they have natural and funky colors, no peroxide or ammonia either. Alot of punks and goths use Jerome Russell and Special Effects too. Both of those I think are better than Manic Panic I think. Yeah, if you want to go lighter you'll have to bleach or use permanant color though... I used Affirm's Powder Lightener and they're permanant color and my hair's still growing and doing okay, but everyone's different. BTW, I don't know any goths or anyone that uses koolaide with desireable results but if you try it let us know.

Back