Wash and go disaster

Key

I just did a wash and go for the second time and for the second time I got all this white gunk on my hair when it started drying and didn't go away. The first time I was just playing around and used Ecostyler in my dirty hair just to see if my hair would curl up, it did and it had pretty much turned white but I didn't think anything of it because I was just experimenting and planning on washing it anyway. But this time after watching a couple of youtube videos and doing a little more reading I tried again. I washed and detangled, then I put in some Giovanni direct followed by Oyin juices and berries. Now the top of my hair dries fast but the roots... so because it was drying fast I spritz some water on each section before smoothing on the Ecostyler. A few hours later, white gunk on my hair again. Ladies what am I doing wrong?? Is it the type of Ecostyler maybe?? I used the clear Ecostyler because they only sell that one, the protein one and the pink one here. Please help me. :cry:

Hmmm I'm not familiar with using any of those products together but I have had that happen to me before. For me, my gel was fine (I still use that same gel) but it was the conditioners I put in before it. Have you tried using only one conditioner? I like to use wheat germ oil followed by something with cones for my wash-n-go... For a while now Aussie Sidney Smooth has been the one to do it for me. It's just like Aussie Moist but with the addition of silk amino acids. I then layer it up with my clear gel (I like La Bella, cheap with strong hold and clear; sold at wal mart).

Also once you've put everything in your hair (your conditioner of choice, gel, etc) don't touch it after that. Even if it's drying unevenly or what have you. Just let it be.

Yes honey, it's the eco styler. You can't mix all moisturizers with certain Eco Stylers. If you saw taren916 and her disaster with EcoStyler and Shea Moisture that might help.

I have all the products you are using but I use the EcoStyler with Olive Oil, it doesn't get as white as the clear and the pink one. But the only moisturizers I found that works under my ecostyler is KBB hair milk, it has to be a very light moisturizer. Then the only styler that I found that works with all moisturizers is Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic.

I love doing wash and go's, it's all I pretty much do when I want to wear my hair out but I can't mix my eco styler with my heave creams (No Qhemets, no oyin, no afroveda). But for some odd reason the eco styler works with outer holding creams like HairVeda Whipped Jelly or AfroVeda PUR Whipped Jelly.

I don't use traditional gel when I do my WnGs. I primarily use conditioner. I admit I am heavey handed. These days use some type of curl activator gel. But years I only used conditioner. If I use only conditioner then I would use two different ones.

First I put on the activator. Then a conditioner like AO White Camellia or Rusk Sensories Smoother Leave-In Conditioner. That's it. Most traditional gels tend to cake or flake up in my hair. The only time I use them is when I am slicking my hair back in a ponytail.

Eco styler doesn't mix well with much. My friend use sleek and shine and her wash and gos look great

Agree with those who said it was the EcoStyler...I don't like it b/c as soon as I add it, my hair turns white and w/o a LI my hair is crunchy and dry. You can mix the Eco with oil and conditioner beforehand, and then use that mix on your hair alone.

Back