Washing once a week.

CatSuga

Who all washes their hair once a week?

I don't think daily washing was doing my hair any good, so I'm going start once a week washing. I haven't washed my hair since Saturday and I'm going crazy. :lachen:

esoterica

recently i've been washing once a week instead of every day. washing too much loosens up my sew-in and makes the semi perm color wash out really fast. i would prefer to wash daily though, mainly for the scent. :ohwell: i doubt my hair is suffering though. with winter coming up its probably a bad idea to have a constantly wet head anyway.

CatSuga

Since you mentioned scent, has anyon tried Treats Deliciously Kissable Hair & Body Shimmer Mist

"Spritz and shine with Dessert Treats deliciously kissable hair and body shimmer. For your hair, shoulders, arms, décolletage or anywhere you dare to bare."

I tried/tasted :look: the bubblegum in Walgreens and I think this will make my hair smell the bomb (if it doesn't get sticky). But it's $17. Lawd knows I need something to mask the scent of StaSofFro.

esoterica

Deionized Water , Glycerine , Natural and Artificial Flavor , Propylene Glycol , Benzophenone , Sodium Saccharin , Potassium Sorbate , Mica , Titanium Dioxide , Methylparaben , FD&C Carmine Red

esoterica

i think i'm going to buy some perfume oil and put it in my hair. maybe mango or vanilla. the scent lasts forever. or apple cinnamon... :love:

Divine Inspiration

I wash my hair once a week...if I'm many weeks post relaxer, I may opt to do a mid-week CO wash, but ordinarily, I don't have time to do more than 2 washes/wk nor do I have the desire...if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

CatSuga

asphyxxia said:
i want it! :cry:

I looked like a damn fool in Walgreen. :look:
I kept spraying my and and licking it. Had to taste all the flavors.
Payday is the 30th so I will be trying this out.
Hmmmm, it's cheaper if you buy it online; $13

My hair gonna smell gooooooooood! :lachen:

metalkitty

CatSuga just has to come in here like some kind of heathen putting bad thoughts into my head concerning expensive novelty haircare.... for shame :naughty: .

CarLiTa

Ever since i switched to the other side (washing hair 2x a week) i can't do the once a week thing... i used to have dry scalp before but i found that washing twice a week keeps my scalp moisturized and i dont have to put anything on it, except now that i sweat and stuff, i need an oil on my scalp... but anyway, by the 4th day post hairwash, my scalp gets dry and starts itching like a ****, so i know it's time to do either a conditioner wash or a regular wash, depending on what day it is.

i do CO washes on Wednesdays and full wash on Saturdays or Sundays, with longer conditioning or whatever.

Janet'

CatSuga,

I only wash once a week...I don't know if it's my laziness or my ignorance but my hair seems to be fairing well with the once a week wash...Mind you, I do wet my hair everyday, but I don't give it a good washing until the end of the week...

Janet'

Last relaxer: 2/05 (30 weeks post-relaxer)- transitioning to natural
Next relaxer: Neva eva, eva, eva, eva, eva :grin:

Check out my fotki album: www.fotki.com/ATLPeach
Password in profile

Sosoothing

I was my hair no sooner than every 4 days, and if I feel like it I will go a whole 7days without washing. Also if Im wearing braids I will wait longer between washes.

Nita81

I wash my hair once a week....anymore and it will soften the braids for my sew-in. Don't want that happening I need my sew-ins to last!!! :)

MizAvalon

I wash once a week. Sometimes I'll go even longer, 10 -12 days.

OT but Nita, I used to love Jem back in the day! :)

macherieamour

i wash once a week. Eventhough I think my hair and scalp would be more moisturized if I washed 2x a week, my hair is thick and long and would take me wayy too long. Also, and most importantly, since my hair is long, the ends of my hair are old as hell (prob between 5 to 10 yrs) and I think the stress of washing and drying might casue too much wear and tear. Im a 4a/b and thus am enslaved to the relaxer so I must use heat to dry my hair. If my hair dried curly...then id def wash more frequently.

To control smell, I spray AIR IT OUT by Salon Selectives- its a god send-smells like I just washed my hair :grin:

Lorraine

I wash once a week, put my hair in a bun until it's dry then flat iron it for work each Sunday. So far so good. :)

MeechUK

MeechUK
CatSuga said:

I don't think daily washing was doing my hair any good, so I'm going start once a week washing. I haven't washed my hair since Saturday and I'm going crazy. :lachen:

I wash and deep condition with heat every Sunday, and then braid my hair in a protective style. I spritz twice daily and try to practice the baggie method on alternate nights. Once a week suits me because I it allows me to maintain good levels of moisture and keep my hair clean throughout the week.

MeechUK

caligirl

I wash my hair once a week because its quite a project. My hair is like Diana Ross' hair (very thick). I'm hoping once its all natural to be able to wash and go. Right now I have to plait it to blend the textures.

Aerie17

CatSuga said:

I wash once a week. I was losing more hair when I washed more frequently.

MzTami

Hellerrrr
When I first learned about LHCF and all of the ladies were saying they wash daily or CW daily,I have to admit, I jumped on the bandwagon. Now,I was like, the products that I put in my hair don't last because I am washing them right out the next day..How am I giving my staples a chance to protect my ends???? So I stopped washing daily... IMO, it is redundant to wash daily. My hair is 4a/b and it is too fragile for the daily washing. :nono:

I am on the bandwagon of washing every week, unless I put too much moisturizer in my hair then I will CW.

Mestiza

Usually, I wash my hair 1 - 2 times a week. I've started exercising more and have increased it to 2 - 3 times a week. My hair is in great condition, either way. BTW, I airdry and do not use heat.