Watch out for this @Dominican Salons

Beverly Ann Properties

When I go to the DS all I they have to do is blow out my roots and flat iron. Although they charge me $30.00 for this I don't mind because all I want is for them to straighten my hair for a length check, no more than 2x a year. I prepare my hair myself before walking in the door, shampoo, deep conditioner and detangle. This way I minimize the risks.

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
I've been reading stories like this on this board for years. That's why I do my own hair 99.9% of the time. If I want a blow-out/flat iron I would just go to the Aveda Salon because they use all of their products and everything is legit there.

toinette

Tricking the president
honestly, folks need to start suing the hell out of them. If everytime this happened they got sued, eventually they would realize that they cant afford to keep doing this. They're doing something to your hair against your will. Could that be labeled assault? In any case, thanks to this thread whenever my natural hair gets longer and I want to straighten, i'll wash and DC at home and then just go for the rollerset/flat iron

Cherokee-n-Black

honestly, folks need to start suing the hell out of them. If everytime this happened they got sued, eventually they would realize that they cant afford to keep doing this. They're doing something to your hair against your will. Could that be labeled assault? In any case, thanks to this thread whenever my natural hair gets longer and I want to straighten, i'll wash and DC at home and then just go for the rollerset/flat iron

Here's the thing, I think a lot of people don't know it's happening. They just seen their hair getting thinner and think a) there's just something wrong with their hair--cause the Dominicans will tell you this or b) that it's just all the heat in their hair. I think by the time anyone would realize it (especially with the frequency that people go) how would you know when it happened, who did it (since anybody from the owners niece with no license to the shampoo girl--also with no license can do hair in there).

Melody.Monroe

queenbree, jewel and Cherokee-n-Black - I am in Raleigh too! LOL! But the only one I have been to was Erlina's right behind the Walmart on New Hope Church Road. They did "Okay" - my homegirl was treating me for my birthday so I didnt have to pay BUT I could have done that with my Hana Elite. Complete waste of time and that BICTH kept burning me! I was ducking and diving all over the place. Ugh! Never again! But if she would've mixed in a relaxer into my DC (which I just got a wash thank the almighty) I would have caught a charge for assault and battery, communicating threats, disorderly conduct, and disturbing the peace...

StarScream35

That's it...I'm NEVER going back to a salon!! The only other person besides me that I trust with my hair is my sister. :nono:...ppl should be suing these pigs behind doing stuff like that! Some ppl are natural for a real HEALTH ISSUE!!! That's some BOLLLLLD CRAP!! :mad:

SmilingElephant

I have since stopped going to salons too. These people are suppose to be trusted yet they are only making healthy hair journeys worse. Not everyone wants the "do" or wanna be straight. There are many of us trying to maintain healthy hair and that's all we want. Why can't these stylists understand that!! I just don't get it. I stopped going to salons after coming into contact with scissor happy stylists. I mean, are you serious, I need my ends trimmed again! It's only been two weeks, I would think to myself. There is no way you'll ever obtain length letting someone trim your ends with every visit. Just do the math............if you hair grows half and inch to an inch a month and these stupid stylists are cutting that and some more every time you go you will be stuck at shoulder length for the rest of your life. Anyway, sorry but I just wanted to vent!

Cherokee-n-Black

@queenbree, @jewel and @Cherokee-n-Black - I am in Raleigh too! LOL! But the only one I have been to was Erlina's right behind the Walmart on New Hope Church Road. They did "Okay" - my homegirl was treating me for my birthday so I didnt have to pay BUT I could have done that with my Hana Elite. Complete waste of time and that BICTH kept burning me! I was ducking and diving all over the place. Ugh! Never again! But if she would've mixed in a relaxer into my DC (which I just got a wash thank the almighty) I would have caught a charge for assault and battery, communicating threats, disorderly conduct, and disturbing the peace...

Whhhhat? I thought you were out in LA somewhere, girl! LOL I know a couple of great AA stylists down there who I would not characterize as scissor happy, but the best one I ever had lives in Gastonia, NC and now only does natural hair! She seems to be the only stylist I ever had who understood what a "trim" was. Even my beloved AA former stylist in NYC who lost the use of his hand to a stroke had to be put on probation so I could get my grow on. He was great for maintaining, but dog if he wouldn't set back a good 2 - 3 inches of growth with all his "stylin'!" (I did look good, though :yep:) I know, a little OT, but there seemed to be a lot of good options for styling down there IMO.