Wearing relaxed hair natural !!!!

mahogani

Hello everyone i'm new to this board i've been wearing a perm for over 10 years now my hair type is 4a/4b shoulder length relaxed i use botanicals by soft and beautiful and i wet set my hair and wrap it every night i've been doing this for years i love it but i wanted to try something different, i discovered one day i washed my hair, conditioned then put infusium 23 leave in and air dryed my hair it came out so curly and i like it but i would like to know if anyone out there would like to share what type of products to use to maintain this style and ha anyone done this. Thanks!!!

sweetcocoa

Hi and welcome. There are several ladies who do this. Off the top of my hair Brownrelaxedhair wears her hair like this alot. I'll see if I can find some posts for you. Or you can do a search yourself.

sweetcocoa

Here's a quote from her to another member on how she maintains this look using John Frieda's Ripple Effects.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Hi pmichael.

AFter washing my hair I run Kiehls with Silk Groom through out first. That stops the frizzies big time.Then I spray the R E through out, scrunching handfuls of hair over and over. I continue scrunching at various times throughout the day until the hair is completely dried.

I wore my hair like this alot during the summer so it would dry easier. The next morning I'd lightly re wet the hair and go or spray a bit more product in it. I'd pile the hair up at nights to the crown of my head held with a scrunchie and tied with a scarf.

I'd have to re-do the look every 3 days-ish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Compassion

Hello, I am curious to know to Mahogani. /images/graemlins/smile.gif But may I ask you, what exactly is a wet set?? That means that you don't use heat to dry it??

Peace and blessings,
Jackie

nita4

Excellent question! Ladies do share. I'm interested also.

Lately, I have been doing a no poo, then braiding to get a textured look. I love this, but would like to know how to hold the curls I see after shampooing without using to much product.

Also, my stylist rinses nightly, adds PCA moisture retainer and a moisturizing conditioner, then flat twist her hair in about 4 twist for a nice soft curled look - her hair is shoulder length.

Of course my hair is still to short for that and I'm still working on my flat twist. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Also, do you ladies think this might be the reason my ends are frizzy all the time when I shampoo they curl, then when they dry they frizz. Is that because I don't use heat. I trim them constantly - so they can't be damaged. If I wet set they are smooth. I know there has been plenty of discussion about this lately. Should I not trim so much?? /images/graemlins/frown.gif

nita4

Compassion, a wet set is rolling your hair on magnetic rollers. Some of the ladies use a hooded hair dryer, some let hair dry.

Crysdon

I was too tired to do a dry wrap last night, so I parted my hair into 4 parts, sprayed lightly with Infusium 23 leave-in. I then twisted into 4 little buns and tied my hair with a silk scarf and a satin bonnet.

When I got up this morning, all I had to do was finger my hair all over. It turned out sooo pretty. It kinda looks like a loose version of the flexirods.

The added bonus: Makes thin hair look very full and hides the "mullet look".

Tonya

Nita4 I was doing braid outs alot too and I experienced the frizzies too. I am not sure why so I ahve been straying away but I love this look I think I am gonna give in and try ti again since my ends are really healthy since my cut.
I also used the ripple effects before but my rewsults were less than desirable so maybe I will try that again. It is odd becuase when I rinse my ahir no matter how fresh my perm is My hair is wavy and curly all over so I am gonna try this thang again.

ms_kenesha

Crysdon,

I do this sometimes and I really love it as well the only problem is sometimes I have the buns twisted in different directions so the hair is doing it's "own thing"!! It's a great no heat hairstyle!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Crysdon

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Crysdon,

I do this sometimes and I really love it as well the only problem is sometimes I have the buns twisted in different directions so the hair is doing it's "own thing"!! It's a great no heat hairstyle!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

"Doing it's own thing" is a good thing. I bet your hair looked really sexy. I love it, it's a keeper.

mahogani

This messgae is for compassion, hello a wet set is when you wash your hair and roller set it while it is wet, sit under a hooded dryer { which is the best} after it's dry i oil my scalp with nature's blessing pomade then wrap my hair and cover my hair with a satin scarf. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

mahogani

Thank you nita for welcoming me to this great board i've been looking for a discussion board like this to share with other people the love i have of taking pride in my hair and sharing each other's secrets /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Compassion

Thanks Mahogani /images/graemlins/grin.gif I am trying not to put to much heat on my head. But, I may have to eventually use a hooded dryer again.

Blessings,
Compassion

pink lush

I do this sometimes. It kinda comes out like Irulan from the Real World's hair but not as curly. My hair is relaxed so some strands are alot straighter but I leave mane n tail texturizer/conditioner in my hair while its air drying. I like it but everyone gives me weird looks. I guess because I usually wear my hair bone straight.

I just wish I could find a product to help define the curls better. Mousse made it straight and didnt help me.

pink lush

Yeah I wash my hair, do my 30 minutes (yeah right like 2hrs) deep conditioner, wash it out and then dry out excess water.

Then I apply alot of the mane n tail to my hair and let it air dry. I have the fan blowing so it speeds it up but as soon as I use a blow dryer it straightens out so be careful.

When I was younger I would put my hair in a ponytail and then put my hair in tiny braids, spray with water and then let it dry over night. Loose it in the morning and wear it like that. It looked ok that way to but now I dont have as much hair /images/graemlins/smile.gif