Weave checked= Chin checked

hairaboutit

I was talking to my sister and she asked if she could touch my hair. As I walked over to her she started to tell me about a lady at work that told her how pretty her hair was.

She said a few minutes later (when she was talking to someone else) the same lady came up to her from behind :sekret: and rubbed her fingers through my sisters scalp. The lady said “Ha, Ha! I hope you’re not mad”. [Sidebar: if you say I hope your not mad Obviously You KNOW UR WRONG!]

As my sister was telling me this story I could feel myself getting enraged :mwahahafire: Mind you my sister is new to her department and doesn’t know this woman from Adam…

Right then and there I decided a weave check equals a chin check! I have worked too long for long, healthy hair to have someone put their nasty, grubby little hands all up and through it!

I was looking forward to my first weave check but I am officially amending my first stance. Asking if my hair is a weave is a compliment but touching to find out for yourself is a :nono2:

I know :needpics: so here ya go

Attachments

• CIMG2946.jpg
    CIMG2946.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 183
  • CIMG2947.jpg
    CIMG2947.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 167
  • CIMG2948.jpg
    CIMG2948.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
:nono:YIKES!!! Yeah, I hear ya!!! I don't like people invading my personal space period. I would hate for someone to accidentally get slapped because of my wacky reflexes:nono::nono:

This thread title had me :rofl: I understand the sentiment but you can't go around laying hands on folks at the job... not in this economy! Just tell her off really crisp and cold to get the message across.

ETA: your hair is :gorgeous:

I would have clapped that woman one for even thinking she could put her dirty hands in my head. Like how dare you! :spank:

nice title for this thread!! i was like "yup yupp" and came right on innn!

i got weave checked somtimes, and now that im relaxed i get it more! but nobody had every just put their hands in my head without asking first.

a lady today put her hands in my hair to see if i had a weave, but she asked first.

but what got me mad was, when she put her hands in my hair, i heard a hair snap, i was mad, i got over it but you know.

no more people are going to put their hands in my hair, not even if they ask first, i cant have another hair snapping moment.

This thread title had me :rofl: I understand the sentiment but you can't go around laying hands on folks at the job... not in this economy! Just tell her off really crisp and cold to get the message across.

ETA: your hair is :gorgeous:

LOL! Nah, I know chin-checking wouldn't fly (esp in corp america). But a few choice words and warning of further action would be communicated.

i got weave checked somtimes, and now that im relaxed i get it more! but nobody had every just put their hands in my head without asking first.

a lady today put her hands in my hair to see if i had a weave, but she asked first.

but what got me mad was, when she put her hands in my hair, i heard a hair snap, i was mad, i got over it but you know.

no more people are going to put their hands in my hair, not even if they ask first, i cant have another hair snapping moment.

:lol: I was thinking the same thing. I don't play that. :naughty:

You know when you tell ppl to ask first b4 touching ur hair, ppl think its no big deal and think ur overreacting. However, I always remember that story b4 about someone who said that a girl put her hand in her hair and then she came home and found their was gum stuck in it. :blush: Luckily, she knew how to take it out. But I always keep it in the back of my mind.

On time a guy actually put his hands in my hair when it was actually a weave lol :D. But that's beside the point. Whether its a weave or my real hair, you don't just go rubbin yo hands in people head! I don't know where them thangs been or WHAT YOU BEEN DOING!

I put him in check real quick cuz that is not cool at all...

[B said:
MsLizziA;10237052]On time a guy actually put his hands in my hair when it was actually a weave lol :D.[/B] But that's beside the point. Whether its a weave or my real hair, you don't just go rubbin yo hands in people head! I don't know where them thangs been or WHAT YOU BEEN DOING!

@ bolded :lachen::lachen::lachen: :grin:

the funny part is *&^hole couldn't tell the difference. So i just let him believe it was my hair. Then he started comin with the whole "u must be mixed" bs.

O.P.. I totally agree.. about the coworker..but trust me when your SO pulls them same move it is divine! For some reason...when they realize all that hair is yours ...They fall for you all over again.LOL

"Mad" wouldn't even BEGIN to describe how I'd feel if something like that happened to me.

You ask me if it's mine and I tell you yes, if you don't believe me, that's YOUR personal problem and has nothing to do with ME. NOBODY gets into my personal space uninvited. And unless you're my SO, you are NOT getting invited. PERIOD.

On time a guy actually put his hands in my hair when it was actually a weave lol :D. But that's beside the point. Whether its a weave or my real hair, you don't just go rubbin yo hands in people head! I don't know where them thangs been or WHAT YOU BEEN DOING!

@ bolded: Now I'm the opposite, I don't get checked when I do have a weave in but when I don't here comes the grubby hands, Yuck. I want a shirt! I want a shirt!

Lol at this thread title. I have perfected my defensive stiff arm and dagger eyes so I don't have to do any chin checking.

Love the title thread! It's what needs to happen (if we wouldn't get in trouble:)), maybe we'll hear less of these stories!!

Just wait til I get my hair like I want it to be. Put your hands up in my hair and I don't know you and you will pull back a nub! :lachen::look: :grin:

Back