Weave Hair care products

aikaa71

For the ladies with weaves please would you post the products you use to maintain your weave hair and the type of weave you have, i.e. straight, wavy or curly.

I have a milky way yaki perm weave (shakengo brand) and looking for a product that I can use daily that is not oily/greasy. I have just had my weave for two days and all I have used on it is a little serum (keracare silken seal) before I brush and style in the morning.

All product recs are welcome including shampoo, conditioner, etc.

I tried to do a search on this topic but came up with nothing if this has been discussed before please post the link here.

Many thanks

CatSuga

I've never washed my weave before. :look:
But the only product I used on weaves was mousse to keep it shiny and defined.

I forgot who did this but a girl found out that weaves (human and synthetic) are coated with "something", that why weaves don't respond well to products. She soaks the hair in apple cider vinegar to remove the coating.

Last edited:

esoterica

i've got indian remy hair and all i do is shampoo and condition. it changes all the time, but today i used optimum shampoo and con.

I let my stylist shampoo and condition most of the time.
But when I do it myself, I don't use anything special. I use CON, Suave Humectress or whatever I have on hand. I try to use a moisturizing conditioner afterwards.
I keep my braids moisturized with either design essentials oil ( I forget the name), coconut oil or s-curl moisterizer . I put very little of the design essentials oils on the hair itself, I hate a greasy weave.
I wrap at night and tie with a silk scarf.

HoneyDew

I only wash with cream of nature ultra moisturizing shampoo and blow-dry after I put KeraCare silken seal on it. I wash two times a week. When I use the Indian hairs I can use other shampoos. I like the "SEXY" by Victoria's Secret Nourishing Shampoo and Conditioner.

On my own hair I put Profectiv break free cream so sometimes I will rub a little of that on ends of the weave.

I have had some fly away hair with my weave so I will lightly use a Elasta QP mousse.

I tie mine hair up every night, as well.