Weave Regimen for Active Ladies???

Barbie83

Yes, it's another weave thread from Barbie.....:sekret:

I just gotta know.....how are you active ladies keeping your weave/hair clean and fresh? How does your regimen change when you are more active? I plan to be working out a LOT this summer, and I'm a bit of a heavy sweater :look:

Should I just wash more? Does anyone use dry shampoos?

ThatJerseyGirl

Hi Barb...

I'm a workout queen and sweat BIG TIME esp during cardio n weight lifting. With this curly hair, it isn't too bad. I keep it simple and usually just rinse my hair. But i'm careful to keep it tied down, since I lay on the bench a lot to press, etc. I've not had any problems.

I've recently changed and started using Pantene shampoo and conditioner on this hair. I spritz my cornrows with a moisturizing spray.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
here are my summer workout weave tips

when i wear a weave i wear curly hair to minimize blending dilemnas.

as for keeping my hair clean, i workout alot also and sweat too too much in my head.

i only wash once a week to minimize any matting that may occur from wetting the braids too much. i use water diluted shampoo and diluted conditioner that i mix in a color applicator bottle and squirt into the braids. i also use diluted apple cider vinegar as my final rinse to cleanse my scalp. i do this between shampoo and conditioner. i usually let it sit for a minute, then apply conditioner, then rinse.

i wash in the morning and i sit under a dryer to dry the braids at the end of the day to be sure they dry.

i also keep in my fridge a spray bottle of half spring water/half witch hazel and a few drops of peppermint oil. i spritz this on to keep the braids fresh and smelling nice and it feels great after a workout.

whenever i have been weaved up in the summer before and this always works great.

Barbie83

^^^That sounds perfect. Now I'm on the search for the perfect after-workout spritz. The hair I'm having installed is also curly (hybrid), so that all I have to do is a twistout to blend. Thanks for the tips!