Weave Wearers

Owest

So Wavy Baby
I just got a weave sewn in yesterday, and I'm wondering how to take care of it so that I may retain the length I get. I had plenty of weaves in the past but I never took care of them properly...I plan to wear this one for at least 6 weeks. I know I can't wash now like I normally do (twice/week), because the tracks will get loose. How often should I wash? Also someone mentioned the "Crown & Glory" technique for braids. Can this be used also for weaves? Also how often should I moisturize? And what should I use (any recommendations)?

Karonica

I don't follow conventional rules when it comes to weaving.
Less is more for me. I just shampoo it and then oil my scalp- that's it. I can't wear them over 4 weeks because I get dandruff.
Washing once per week or bi-weekly is fine.

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
I wouldn't wash it too often because not getting the roots completely dry can lead to mold. I would spray the roots with braid spray or moisturizer daily and oil the scalp once a week. Tie it up at night but I would suggest not using a pony tail at night because it will leave a bend in the hair.

ShaylaCheri

I always treat my weaves like my real hair, meaning I use sheen and moisturizer (depending on the style) on the weave itself. I usually wear my weaves for 8 weeks. Dark N Lovely Sheen does a wonderful job (in my opinion) detangling the weave and adding a good shine, and not making it look dull like Pink Oil and other sheens do. Isoplus Sheen (in the blue can) works good also, but Dark N Lovely has a touch of mink oil in it (i think) which really makes the hair lay down and detangle fast.

As far as washing the weave, I dont like washing it myself because it can be a tad bit messy, so I usually go back to my stylist to let them wash and condition it for me. When you are going to wear it for a long time, its good to have a deep condition so it can get to your roots and the hair that is braided. When I had this done, I could see less shedding and matting versus when I only had it washed.

If you do choose to do it on your own, use a hooded dryer because as someone previously posted, if your hair isnt dried good, it can mold and get real smelly.

Owest

So Wavy Baby
do you all still do deep condtioning? if so ... how do you do it with creating a big mess