weaving natural hair...

Crissi

Has anyone received major growth weaving their natural hair over long period of time? (e.g keeping it hidden for ayr). I miss my "look", and braids just don't work for me, i have to constantly get them redone, im just scared of thinning edges, ends and any other types of excessive stress. Usually keep mine in for 8-12 weeks... hmm any suggestions? Or should i just grow it weave free?

TIA

Crissi, x

im natural, and ive never had a sew in before, but im getting one this weekend....i just took down my micros (no damage done!!!:D )

i plan to rock the sew in for 4 wks at a time, for a couple of months (im in college, so i have no time to do my hair b4 class every morning)

i think with TLC, my hair will stay moisturized and protected!!

I haven't done it for a year straight but I have done it off and on wearing them between 4 to 6 weeks at a time and I got a lot of growth. After the first one I had done, the ladies here advised me on how to keep my hair moisturized so I haven't had anymore problems with wearing them.

Hey mahoganee
Can you tell us how to keep the hair moisturized.

mahoganee said:
I haven't done it for a year straight but I have done it off and on wearing them between 4 to 6 weeks at a time and I got a lot of growth. After the first one I had done, the ladies here advised me on how to keep my hair moisturized so I haven't had anymore problems with wearing them.

Hi ladies!

Mahoganee posted this reply on the thread "Naturals: Question?"

When I transisitioned I kept my hair in braids and kept it moisturized with braid spray and leave in conditioner. After 8 months I chopped it off and used whatever conditioner and shampoo that worked on my hair. I found out that some of them worked while I had a relaxer but don't work as well on my natural hair. Moisture,moisture,moisture.

Great advice. I'm about to add some leave-in conditioner right now!

Last edited:
Back