Well, I finally got the speech...

blueabyss333

My mother told me that I NEED to get my hair done. My family came to visit on Saturday and of course I'm sporting puffy edges and my aphro phony. My dad started pulling on it and I had to tell him to chill that it was fake. And he started laughing because I never wear fake hair and said that I got the perfect match.

Her comment started when I told her to give our stylist a shout out and that one day I want to come back to get highlights again, since she's the only person I trust and she did a really nice job the last time (3 years ago.). So, I don't know if she thought the phony was all mine:grin: or if she was talking about my new growth but she wrinkled her nose and begged me to come home and have our stylist do my hair.

Then she went on to say that she would PAY:eek: for me to get highlights and anything in between if I would just get my hair done!:perplexed I stuck up for myself and told her that I don't want to relax yet and faded on the "I want my hair to thrive" part:look: I told her that I'm trying to grow my hair and that it's not good to relax so often. She was also surprised to learn that I've been relaxing my hair for the past year. She took it like a woman and left it at that:grin:. Although, she coulda just gave me the cash anyway...but I guess I wouldn't learn anything from that:D

hopeful said:
LOL you gotta love moms. I'm glad she backed off though.:)

Yea, after seeing me "play" with my hair and go through so many hair woes since I was about 10, she DOES trust me. She's seen my hair thrive from Halle Berry short to shoulder length now. I think the afro phony kinda scared her though:lol:.

Back