Well, I think I'm having a change of heart...

danimani

I'm newly natural, as of January, and I think length is my concern.

But then I see Bubbln's hair, and I know I want to continue on with this journey.

Just today I used a new conditioner that got my curls to POP and I got so excited! Little moments like that make it worth it.

I'm really excited for the day I have a little more length and can manipulate more styles. I've never been the protective style all day long, all week, all month, all year. I like to rock my hair anyway I can and I retain length prety well.

Nice & Wavy

sareca said:
Welcome back. :wink2: I go from natural to relaxed every 2-3 years; I'm texturized now. To me going from natural to relaxed and back again is one of joys of having texturized hair.

Thanks, but I'm not there yet until the end of Summer.

I always like looking at your pics of your tex'd hair...your hair has truly grown alot, sareca.

Nice & Wavy

UMBlessedBeauty_1 said:
I've been feeling like texlaxing my hair lately. It's been almost 3 years since my last relaxer and I swore I wouldn't go back. I love wearing my hair curly and I love it straight as well, but I wish that my curls hung loser to show my length better. We'll see how it looks in another year or so and than I might just consider texlaxing.

You know what...I think you hit the nail on the head! I believe that is what my problem is too....if my curls hung looser and showed my length more, than maybe I wouldn't feel this way so much. I still do want to straighten though, but not so much that it totally takes away the curl, so texlax it shall be!

Nice & Wavy

danimani said:
I'm newly natural, as of January, and I think length is my concern.

But then I see Bubbln's hair, and I know I want to continue on with this journey.

Just today I used a new conditioner that got my curls to POP and I got so excited! Little moments like that make it worth it.

I'm really excited for the day I have a little more length and can manipulate more styles. I've never been the protective style all day long, all week, all month, all year. I like to rock my hair anyway I can and I retain length prety well.

Girl, when I see her hair I'm always :eek: ! Her hair is so beautiful. Then, my hair idol on this board is Pokahontas...who I know as soon as she reads what I'm writing on this board is going to PM me like crazy....;) ! Her hair is awesome and when she straightens it, it looks sooooooooooo good. I wish my hair was long enought...maybe then I would have second thoughts.:cool:

Blackoutzangel05

Nice & Wavy said:
You know what...I think you hit the nail on the head! I believe that is what my problem is too....if my curls hung looser and showed my length more, than maybe I wouldn't feel this way so much. I still do want to straighten though, but not so much that it totally takes away the curl, so texlax it shall be!

Congrats on your decision!!! I might be right there with you at the end of the summer....I miss my roller sets!!!!

Nice & Wavy

Blackoutzangel05 said:
Congrats on your decision!!! I might be right there with you at the end of the summer....I miss my roller sets!!!!

thanks, blackoutzangel05. Wow, that would be something if you do it too, huh? I didn't think I would get so many good responses from so many of you ladies about this. I do appreciate the support.

hopeful

Good luck. I hope your hair turns out just the way you want. We'll all be waiting for the pictures:).

Divine Inspiration

Nice & Wavy said:
Wow, I didn't even realize that you were natural...your hair always looks so straight ;) ! Thanks for the wishes and I will update after the summer is over.

At the bolded, I think I'm going to do it myself. I always did my own relaxer because everytime I used to go to the salon, they always made my hair bone, bone straight and my hair is too fine for that, so I will be doing it myself. I know I have all of you ladies on the board to assist me in my transisition to relaxed, texlax, whatever it will turn out to be.:D

Well, my hair has been growing like wildfire over the past year so it's been an interesting journey. I never BC'd, but I certainly got a taste of the natural life, and I look forward to returning to it later in life.

I think doing it yourself is a good choice...I know what you mean about stylists and bone straight hair. I've always had the same gripe.

Good luck!

Nice & Wavy

hopeful said:
Good luck. I hope your hair turns out just the way you want. We'll all be waiting for the pictures:).

I have to the end of summer...then, I should know for sure.

Thanks alot, hopeful!

Nice & Wavy

hopeful said:

I have to the end of summer...then, I should know for sure.

Thanks alot, hopeful!

Nice & Wavy

Divine Inspiration said:
Well, my hair has been growing like wildfire over the past year so it's been an interesting journey. I never BC'd, but I certainly got a taste of the natural life, and I look forward to returning to it later in life.

I think doing it yourself is a good choice...I know what you mean about stylists and bone straight hair. I've always had the same gripe.

Good luck!

Thanks, Divine Inspiration!

SilkyandSmooth

I totally understand because I went through the same thing. I transitioned for 18 months and was natural for about 6 months before deciding to texlax last April. I loved my natural hair but the day to day maintenance was a bit much. I never did anything with my hair because I'm not big on braids, twists, etc. Sometimes I miss my natural hair but I don't regret my decision one bit. Good luck on whatever you decide.

Nice & Wavy

SilkyandSmooth said:
I totally understand because I went through the same thing. I transitioned for 18 months and was natural for about 6 months before deciding to texlax last April. I loved my natural hair but the day to day maintenance was a bit much. I never did anything with my hair because I'm not big on braids, twists, etc. Sometimes I miss my natural hair but I don't regret my decision one bit. Good luck on whatever you decide.

Thank u so much...I do appreciate it very much!

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
Your natural hair is beautiful, but I understand. I suggest you give it a few more weeks. Maybe springtime will bring about a new mindset, if you still want to relax, go for it. If you're sure now, go for it.

Nice & Wavy

nubianqt86 said:
Your natural hair is beautiful, but I understand. I suggest you give it a few more weeks. Maybe springtime will bring about a new mindset, if you still want to relax, go for it. If you're sure now, go for it.

Thank you so much for the compliment and for understanding. I haven't set it in stone yet, that's why I was giving it until after the summer is over. I was discussing it with my DH tonite and he said that my hair has grown so much just in the last 3 months and that whatever I want to do is fine with him, but he would really like to see what it would be like naturally bra strap length (yes, he knows what that is now..he he). I told him I will think about it, so...I have 5/6 months to think.

blazingthru

I understand. somedays I want to see my hair straight and not really have to do to much. But I am so clear on why I decided to go natural, I am still learning-- its almost one year and I feel I have a lot to learn about my hair. I wish it was longer, I wish people can see it has really grown a lot but then I don't care. I might at some point texturize but I doubt it I can't stand to twist it and so I don't I wear a wash and go I use Curl Keeper by organics americas best. I wet my hair in the shower and comb it through and shake it and then when I get out I put the curl keeper in there I don't dry my hair at all. Thats it. I switch up I use Curls and I might put a few twist in there to make a cute curly afro but I do it the exact same way except I might add a band or a scarf and I like it a lot. You have to do what is best for you. I wish you a lot of luck on whatever you decided to do. For me there are just to many things I can learn about my hair and I just looking forward to all the challenges. I got two people to go natural in my family if anything that is a lot of encouragement to keep pushing forward.

Nice & Wavy

Trudy said:
I understand. somedays I want to see my hair straight and not really have to do to much. But I am so clear on why I decided to go natural, I am still learning-- its almost one year and I feel I have a lot to learn about my hair. I wish it was longer, I wish people can see it has really grown a lot but then I don't care. I might at some point texturize but I doubt it I can't stand to twist it and so I don't I wear a wash and go I use Curl Keeper by organics americas best. I wet my hair in the shower and comb it through and shake it and then when I get out I put the curl keeper in there I don't dry my hair at all. Thats it. I switch up I use Curls and I might put a few twist in there to make a cute curly afro but I do it the exact same way except I might add a band or a scarf and I like it a lot. You have to do what is best for you. I wish you a lot of luck on whatever you decided to do. For me there are just to many things I can learn about my hair and I just looking forward to all the challenges. I got two people to go natural in my family if anything that is a lot of encouragement to keep pushing forward.

Thanks for sharing your regimin and why you decided to go natural.

I thank you, all of you ladies on LHCF who have responded to my thread and have PM'd me. I feel all the love and concern...thanks so much, it means alot to me, it really does!

discobiscuits

NantanYah said:
I totally understand this. However, while you are content with your natural locks I am sick of mine:perplexed I'm frustrated with the time consuming twists and braids, the non ability to run my fingers through my hair, constant spraying of moisturizers to keep my hair moist, shrinkage which makes me look as if I have a twa when I actually have a prety big fro', and just the overall fear of heat damage when I want to go straight with a flat iron. I refuse to return to the chemical and guess I will just have to deal with it. This is the way I was created and Most High don't make no mistakes. From now on I will look at my hair as a challenge. Now go on out there and get the relaxer you and I both want!:D

whew! you said it. this was exactly how i felt before april this year, i have since moved to:

Nice & Wavy said:
:cool: I've been feeling a little iffy lately about my hair. I love, love, love it natural. I love the softness and the waves. I love the ease of just a wash and go and a pony puff. I love it all but after 8 months of being natural....I think I'm going to go back to relaxed hair.

I miss my hair staying straight. I straighten it now, but it doesn't last maybe two days tops. I'm tired of wearing the same ole' hairstyles and I just feel that now that I've gotten so much knowledge from so many ladies on the board about how to take better care of relaxed hair, I think I'm going to go for it. I'm going to wait until after the summer though...but I am going to do it.

Blessings.:p

right now i'm "texturized" but will go to full relaxer either this weekend or later this summer. i fully agreee that God created me w/ my natural hair texture which i do love even though i will relax it. i just hate all the things you listed and i'm tired of "treating my hair as a challenge" or a riddle to be solved. my hair was its longest when it was in a relaxed state. for me, 100% natural = FRUSTRATION! i will not go back to natural until i find the best natural salon and stylist because i refuse to DIY my own natural hair again.

Divine Inspiration

jenniferohjenny said:
whew! you said it. this was exactly how i felt before april this year, i have since moved to:

right now i'm "texturized" but will go to full relaxer either this weekend or later this summer. i fully agreee that God created me w/ my natural hair texture which i do love even though i will relax it. i just hate all the things you listed and i'm tired of "treating my hair as a challenge" or a riddle to be solved. my hair was its longest when it was in a relaxed state. for me, 100% natural = FRUSTRATION! i will not go back to natural until i find the best natural salon and stylist because i refuse to DIY my own natural hair again.

Good luck! :)

deborah11

I so feel u you on this. This I why I decided to texlax. My hair would not stay straight while natural. It looked really pretty after flat ironing but a couple of days later and it was au naturelle again. I wanted more versatility and ease in styling. While, i will never go bone straight again, in the future I plan on texlaxing my hair a bit straighter, say 60- 70 % percent straight because right now its about 45% -50% straight. My hair is fine textured but dense and so far it is healthy. I have been texlaxed now for a couple of years. With the knowledge I have gained here, I feel much more confident regarding proper haircare and protecting my locks.