Wen Cleansing Conditioners - Sorry if this makes you struggle

atlien11

DIRECTIONS for HAIR:
1. Rinse hair thoroughly.

2. Apply 20-30 pumps of Wen Cleansing Conditioner to your palms and rub together. Apply to your scalp first, massaging vigorously for 1-3 minutes. Add a splash of water; this will create a creamy consistency to work through the hair.

3. Add 10-15 pumps of Wen Cleansing Conditioner through the ends of the hair. Comb Wen Cleansing Conditioner through hair, and leave on at least 3-5 minutes -- the longer the better for maximum conditioning. Rinse thoroughly for 1-2 minutes, massaging scalp and running fingers through to the ends.

4. Without towel drying, while hair is soaking wet, apply 2-4 pumps of Wen Cleansing Conditioner mixed with 2-4 drops of Wen Bath, Body & Hair Oil as a leave-in, twist, push and work into hair thoroughly.

5. Then apply 2-4 pumps of Wen Sweet Almond Mint Styling Crème mixed with 2-4 drops of Wen Bath, Body & Hair Oil. Twist, push and work into hair thoroughly. Applying while hair is wet will evenly distribute into the hair and eliminate frizz.

Wen Cucumber Aloe Cleansing Conditioner : Wen Cucumber Aloe Cleansing Conditioner is perfect for all hair types and is extremely beneficial for oily scalps and dry hair due to its astringent and moisturizing properties. It also performs amazingly well on fine- to medium-textured hair adding volume and body.

Wen Fig Cleansing Conditioner: A cleansing conditioner that cleanses the hair & scalp without any detergents or sodium laurel sulfate, therefore not stripping the scalp or hair of its natural oils. Fig Cleansing Conditioner can be used as often as necessary. Due to its rich dense nature it is formulated to strengthen & rehydrate the hair. Fig is a universal cleanser, but due to its moisturizing properties it performs amazingly well on dry, heat-damaged, color-treated, medium to coarse, wavy to curly and ethnic hair.

Wen Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner: A universal cleanser created with the perfect balance of herbs and natural ingredients to not only cleanse your scalp and hair, but to also moisturize, strengthen, nourish and add sheen. It is designed to eliminate shampoo and its harsh effects without sacrificing the integrity and beauty of your hair. Wen is the only cleanser/conditioner you will need to use in your daily routine, and can be used as often as necessary. It works particularly well on fine to medium texture hair. It is also recommended to be used as a leave-in conditioner.

Wen Tea Tree Cleansing Conditioner: A cleansing conditioner that cleanses the hair and scalp without any detergents or sodium laurel sulfate, therefore not stripping your scalp or hair of its natural oils. Tea Tree Cleansing Conditioner can be used as often as necessary. Due to its healing & medicinal properties. it is formulated to help those with sensitive, dry, or flaky scalps. Tea Tree works exceptionally well on those with medium to coarse, wavy to curly, and ethnic hair. It is also recommended to be used as a leave-in conditioner.

More Wen Cleansing Conditioner is better than not using enough. Because Wen eliminates the need to use conventional shampoo and conditioner, enough Wen Cleansing Conditioner is needed to break down the dirt and oil in the hair AND hydrate and nourish the scalp and ends of the hair. If hair can handle or requires more moisture, mix in Wen Bath, Body & Hair Oil with the Wen Cleansing Conditioner as a leave-in.

atlien11

Wen Fig Oil: Soften, replenish and revitalize your body, add shine and moisture to your hair, and enliven and invigorate your mind. Fig’s heavenly aroma is vibrant, rich and extremely moisturizing, providing a blissful experience with every drop.

Wen Sweet Almond Mint Oil:
Invites serenity, is exceptionally moisturizing for dry hair and provides sweet full aroma for the hair and body. Help soothe, relax and enlighten the mind, body and spirit.

Wen Tea Tree Oil:
Contains healing and medicinal properties to combat dry, flaky scalp conditions by moisturizing and stimulating your scalp and hair, promoting healthy hair growth. Help rejuvenate, revive, and replenish your mind, body and spirit.

Directions: Apply 1-2 drops to dry hair for a fragrant, polished shine, or rub into scalp overnight for deep moisturizing or balancing. Medium to coarse, damaged or stressed hair may add a few drops to styling products or directly to wet hair for added moisture and control.

Candiss

So what are the results that you have seen from using this (if you are)?
Also, it seems that you have to use about 50 pumps to wash the hair and I know this stuff costs around $28 or so. Is it worth it?
thanks

Synthia

:eek: OMG! I may never buy shampoo again! :yay:

ETA: Oh, I just ready the cost and the amoutns needed. :ohwell:

I'll need more testamonials please!

Last edited:

atlien11

Hey Ladies, sorry to drop that bomb and leave you hanging...i was at the gym. I have been using this conditioner (not all of them) just for a little while. I do not use the recommended 20-30 pumps (i aint crazy).

Wen Cucumber Aloe Cleansing Conditioner Ingredients: Water, Organic Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Cucumber Fruit Extract, Chamomile Extract, Marigold Flower Extract, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Menthol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Amodimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Witch Hazel, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Avocado Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Citric Acid, Methlisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Essential Oils.

Wen Fig Cleansing Conditioner Ingredients Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Wild Cherry Fruit Extract, Fig Extract, Chamomile Extract, Marigold Flower Extract, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alochol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Amodimethicone, Hydrolyze Wheat Protein, Polysorbate 60, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Menthol, Sweet Almond Oil, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Methlisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Citric Acid, Essential Oils.

Most of them cost $14.00. The oils cost $20 but i am sure they last a long time.
http://www.curlmart.com/store/home.php?cat=69

Last edited:

cicilypayne

I purchased the fig conditioner. It's under my sink- which is the resting place for all the victims of this product junkie. I tried it over and over was not impressed. I absolutely did not like it - it seems to leave a coating on my hair, but in all fairness i never got good results from conditioner washes. The only conditioner wash that worked:perplexed for me is Silicon Mix.

atlien11

yourleoqueen said:
32-49 PUMPS per wash?! What's that like half the bottle? Doesn't seem very cost efficient.
Yeah, i wouldnt suggest using that much. I think us ladies on the board know better than to use this much product.

cicilypayne said:
I purchased the fig conditioner. It's under my sink- which is the resting place for all the victims of this product junkie. I tried it over and over was not impressed. I absolutely did not like it - it seems to leave a coating on my hair, but in all fairness i never got good results from conditioner washes. The only conditioner wash that worked:perplexed for me is Silicon Mix.
Thanks for your review. I did not get this effect. Were you using it with other products?

lexi08

Atlien11, Can you tell us more about your results? Which conditioner are you using? I saw these products on the web last week and I was tempted to try the Fig conditiooner. TIA

atlien11

The results ive had so far are fine but i have only been using for a short time so its hard to say. I purchased this for the days that i work out and i just want to 'rinse' my hair w/o stripping it. I also use it on "bun days" where I co-wash with this in the shower, comb a leave-in through to detangle, seal my ends with oil, and bun it up. No adverse affects.

Lately, i have been rinsing my cornrows with this and it does a good job at keeping my scalp clean. I havent used this on days where i wear my hair down and i want bounce. Its never good to have any traces of product on your hair if you want to get bounce so on those days i wash my hair well with shampoo and use a conditioner that rinses out with no trace. I hope that makes sense.

I was hoping more people had reviews on this...guess not.

Last edited:

Syrah

atlien11 said:
Hey Ladies, sorry to drop that bomb and leave you hanging...i was at the gym. I have been using this conditioner (not all of them) just for a little while. I do not use the recommended 20-30 pumps (i aint crazy).

Wen Cucumber Aloe Cleansing Conditioner Ingredients: Water, Organic Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Cucumber Fruit Extract, Chamomile Extract, Marigold Flower Extract, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Menthol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Amodimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Witch Hazel, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Avocado Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Citric Acid, Methlisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Essential Oils.

Wen Fig Cleansing Conditioner Ingredients Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Wild Cherry Fruit Extract, Fig Extract, Chamomile Extract, Marigold Flower Extract, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alochol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Amodimethicone, Hydrolyze Wheat Protein, Polysorbate 60, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Menthol, Sweet Almond Oil, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Methlisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Citric Acid, Essential Oils.

Most of them cost $14.00. The oils cost $20 but i am sure they last a long time.
http://www.curlmart.com/store/home.php?cat=69
Nothing about those ingredients sounds very extraordinary to me. Cetyl Alcohol. Some fruit extracts. Cones. Polysorbate 60. Pathenol. Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine. Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride.

Hmm...I'ma wait it out.

atlien11

I think they are trying to sell the fact that these conditioners are the "in-betweens". Not as harsh as a shampoo but cleans better a than a regular conditoner. Im a little shocked that no one else has tried them...i thought we had some serious PJ's on this board...lol. Guess its just me.

yourleoqueen

Is this the guy/product that was on QVC the other day? Never heard of them before that, and if I hadn't seen em on QVC, I probably wouldn't have come in this thread. Trying to keep from adding things to my 'to-try' list. It's plenty long already.

Victorian

old head
I know a few people on this board have tried them. If you do a search you should find the threads.
I think the price prevents people from trying it, even if they are interested. Pj's tend to have a long list of things they want to try so they hit the cheaper stuff first :lol: (or maybe I'm just projecting). The oils look interesting, though :scratchch

Edie

I love using these cleansing conditioners. I wash my hair twice a week now and I use the cleansing conditioner for my second wash. It leaves my hair soft and moisturized. You might try giving your scalp a good rinse after putting a couple of squirts in your hair and doing a good thorough scrubof your scalp (not rough, but enough to get the dirt loose), then apply the rest of the conditioner to really cleanse your scalp. Because I can tell you even doing a somewhat dry scrub with just a couple of squirts really loosens the dirt on my scalp and when I do the first rinse, I don't loose a single hair (even after not coming for a few days). I usually loose a few hairs. So it's doing something. After the second rinse with the rest of the conditioner my hair is clean, moisturized and soft. It also doesn't require as much oil/moisturizer to be put on it the next day.