Went to the FAROUK hair show today..

candibaby

I dont know if yall remember but back in September I posted about Farouk doing a hair show for Savannah Tech because we're going to be doing hair using their products (mainly Deep Brilliance). Well the show was today, and it actually wasnt what I expected. This was the first hair show I've ever been to, and I dont know if this was a "real" one or not, but they had about 12 models. Some of them had already been done yesterday so they just styled them (using a CHI/Deep Brilliance), they showed us how to do a regular cut and a layered cut, and then how to apply their relaxers.

I know when I posted back in September I told yall about how you can relax, bleach, and color your hair all in one day using Deep Brilliance.. and yes the color is permanent and ammonia/peroxide free. They actually did this on a few models (on the black models, but they didnt use the lye relaxer.. they used the no-lye. dont know if that makes a difference, guess I should have asked). They taught us some color theory w/ their products and things along that line.

They had pop-questions regarding things they'd said, and thanks to yall I already knew this stuff like the back of my hand, so I had every question on lock! I was just trying to win some products (I want to try the Leave in), but they weren't giving them up, I only got a Deep Brilliance shirt. /images/graemlins/mad.gif They did give us some samples of Biosilk Silk Therapy though.. they didnt talk too much about Biosilk or their other lines though, just on CHI and Deep Brilliance. I was so upset because I wanted to buy a CHI but they didnt have the Turbo ones and weren't selling them anyway.

Back to the stylists, there was a man and a woman. The man knew what he was doing, I think he was the more interesting one.. the woman was okay, but she made me mad when she was cutting this woman's hair and kept saying she was getting rid of "DEAD" ends. NOW YOU FELLOW LHCFers KNOW THAT THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS "DEAD" ENDS, BECAUSE YOUR HAIR IS DEAD ONCE IT POPS OUT YOUR HEAD! She probably heard me because every time she said that, I would say something, lol. Other than that, she was great. They gave this one girl a really short bob cut and dyed the back orange and the front purple. The girl put on some purple eyeshadow and dyed her eyebrows orange to match. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif It was crazy, but nice!

Just thought I'd tell you ladies how it went, sorry it was so long!

Healthb4Length

glad that you learned something new at the show! It sometimees bothers me too when I hear hair professionals using incorrect terms but I feel afraid to say anything because they are professionals. The knowledge that you have here will definately make your career as a hair stylist rewarding and lucrative!

ms_kenesha

That sounds like it was fun! I wonder if the girl with the purple and orange hair was just going to go back home and dye it all black tongight.

candibaby

I dont know, it actually looked cute on her, probably because she did her make up to match? Everyone was dying laughing at her because she came down the stage with some serious attitude, and she had on a tube-top outfit that showed all 7 (included a pair of eyes on her breasts) of her tattoos. That combined w/ the hair made her look ghetto if you ask me. *shrug*

Neen

Have you ever tried the CHI Silk Infusion Oil? It is AWESOME! The best serum EVER. no lie. It costs alot but is very worth it! It smells really good, strengthens the hair, and makes it really smooth. You are supposed to use it when flat ironing with the CHI iron. I ran out of mine and the only place around here that has it won't even let me in the store because I'm not a licensed stylist. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

atlantatiffany

candibaby are u serious deep brilliance has puple haircolor. i have always wanted purple hair. now i have to find some deep brilliance color.

candibaby

Neen, Ive looked at the CHI products online but I've never seen them anywhere near me.

AT, yeah they have purple hair color, but you have to be a licensed stylist to buy their colors/relaxers.