I Went Back To Affirm

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
The Deep Brilliance relaxer was very gentle, perhaps too gentle. It seemed that I had hella new growth by week 4, but the truth was that the DB didn't straighten quite as well as I like and I really couldn't tell when I left the salon b/c I'd had a roller set & roller sets kind of pull the roots taut anyway.

So, I got an Affirm relaxer yesterday. My stylist agreed with me about the Deep Brilliance and about going back to Affirm. I'll definitely still be using Deep Brilliance conditioners though.
smile.gif

By the way, she mentioned Nairobi products to me. She said they're very good--has anyone heard of this product line?

My relaxer was Deep Brilliance and it straightened my hair extremely well and I have very resistant, coily hair, so resistent that I've used super strengths for years. I didn't ask what strength she used, though.

Supergirl, my beautician uses the nairobi hair cream on my hair when she silks my hair out. It's not bad. I will ask her where she got it from.

i used to use the Nairobi leave in conditioner/detangler. it was pretty good but I'm a pj so I moved on.

Also, Supergirl, how many weeks did you wait to relax after your DB underprocessing?

i used to use the Nairobi leave in conditioner/detangler. it was pretty good but I'm a pj so I moved on.

Also, Supergirl, how many weeks did you wait to relax after your DB underprocessing?

Affirm® Creme Relaxer (Sodium Hydroxide)lye.
Available in mild,normal and resistant Strengths.

I don't know I have 4 a/b relaxed hair and the Deep Brilliance worked well for me. I know she used the sensitive strength and it still straightened my hair. I however, don't stretch my relaxers out quite like folks on the board do. Every 6 weeks I am getting a touch up.

Ladies, do you buy your own relaxer and bring it in to the shop? Or do you choose a hair stylist that uses Affirm?

Back