WGO - confused :(

Krystle~Hime

I don't want to sound rude, or to annoying people :nono:
but, WGO can stand for : wild growth oil.
but it can also stand for wheat germ oil :ohwell:
so i dunno if people can try to not write this abbreviation please, or saying "wild GO" or wheat GO"
i'm on LHCF for 2 weeks, and i've read WGO for more than 100 times. i know the majority was talking about the WildGO but on lots of threads (like the ones talking about ceramides for example, it was i think for sure, wheatGO..

maybe y'all will ignore this post or some people will agree with me, also for others abbreviations, because when you are a newbie, you don't want to annoy every LHCF'girls..

Solitude

I think people go overboard with the abbreviations in general. On Long Hair Community, abbreviations are discouraged.

I've been on LHCF for a minute and every time I log in I see a bunch of abbreviations that I don't know what they stand for. Usually it's products. I'm like, can you please spell out at least part of the name?

Nasdaq_Diva

I guess for me, I kinda use context clues. If I'm reading a thread and they are talking about adding oils to DC's, Pre-Poo's etc. and mention WGO, I'm about 99% positive they are talking about wheat germ oil.

If they are talking about growing hair, or applications, or recipes for WGO, I'm convinced they are talking about Wild Growth Oil.

Up until I heard about ceramides though, I'd never even heard of using wheat germ oil. Someone responsed in my blog that I should use WGO, and I said, "urmmm..wild growth oil" and was correctly pointed in the direction of wheat germ oil.

For the most part, I try to refrain from using a million and one abbreviations. Sometimes, I just ignore it cause I dont know what the name/product is that they are referring to. I just recently found out what CON (creme of nature) was. I thought they meant CON as in CONditioner :grin:

Solitude

^ For the longest, I thought people were talking about "conditioner," too. I had no idea they were referring to Creme of Nature. I do the same thing sometimes, just ignore.

VirtuousBeauty

I guess for me, I kinda use context clues. If I'm reading a thread and they are talking about adding oils to DC's, Pre-Poo's etc. and mention WGO, I'm about 99% positive they are talking about wheat germ oil.

If they are talking about growing hair, or applications, or recipes for WGO, I'm convinced they are talking about Wild Growth Oil.

Up until I heard about ceramides though, I'd never even heard of using wheat germ oil. Someone responsed in my blog that I should use WGO, and I said, "urmmm..wild growth oil" and was correctly pointed in the direction of wheat germ oil.

For the most part, I try to refrain from using a million and one abbreviations. Sometimes, I just ignore it cause I dont know what the name/product is that they are referring to. I just recently found out what CON (creme of nature) was. I thought they meant CON as in CONditioner :grin:

I thought so to! lol. Just learned something new

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I abbreviate some things now to basically fit in with the LHCF lingo. Search was my friend when I first joined. Now I can kind of decipher what abbreviations stand for if I didn't know it. I can see why it gets confusing. I will consider this next time I just toss out an acronym.