What 2 do with relaxed hair after workout???

sunnieb

I found 2 friends who want to workout together! Yay! There's a gym close to my office and we all meet up there.

Since I can walk to the gym, I try to go right before lunch. Since I have another 1/2 day of work to complete after working out, I put my hair up in a bun. While working out, I wear one of those "workout" headbands that's supposed to help absorb sweat and keep my edges neat. It actually works pretty well. :)

Once I freshen up, I take off the headband, smooth my edges back with a fine-toothed comb, and go back to work.

I'm only doing this twice a week for now. If I keep skipping my weekend workouts, I'll have to go more often and just keep my hair bunned up.

sunnieb

2 days post relaxer and I'll be wearing my hair like this all week.

I clip it up during my workout, then put back in a pony afterwards. I'll probably bun next week...maybe.

Pre-Workout hair:
20161108_135103.jpg

My post-workout pic sucks because I'm wearing a black blouse, but it looks pretty much the same.

CityGirl

I am relaxed and I work out regularly but I cowash daily. I suggest a leave in conditioner immediately afterwards but you MUST seal in the moisture with oil. I use coconut oil. This regimen works well for me and I'm a runner. I wouldn't be able to do this, just me personally, if my hair wasn't relaxed. It absolutely CAN BE DONE.

pinkness27

Post workout hair from this morning. Back to the bun! :)

View attachment 387255

What kind of headbands are you using? Im currently using the dri sweat headband from Sally's, but it is soaked after working out. I always have to take it off and wear another one, otherwise my hair will take forever to dry. The headbands you have in this pic are really cute and I'm looking for fashionable ones so I don't always have to walk around with a black sweat band.

sunnieb

What kind of headbands are you using? Im currently using the dri sweat headband from Sally's, but it is soaked after working out. I always have to take it off and wear another one, otherwise my hair will take forever to dry. The headbands you have in this pic are really cute and I'm looking for fashionable ones so I don't always have to walk around with a black sweat band.

I don't remember the brand name (maybe Scunchi???), but they came from CVS in a 2-pack. I know it was some kind of workout band.I sweat. I sweat a LOT. The bands are wet after my workouts, but not soaked like other ones. I also like the thickness because they keep my hair in place even after the most strenuous cardio workout.

Bunnyhaslonghair

Ebonics Queen
Can't you do 3-5 plaits before working out and use those baby scrunchies at the root to keep the roots stretched? Pin plaits back, then put on sweat wicking headband. Keep them in until hair is dry again then wear a braid out. I haven't been relaxed in many a moon so idk if it would work but I kinda want someone to try it. :look:

sunnieb

I'm still working out, but now I've switched from before work to evening/weekend workouts.

I typically cowash, air dry, and go to bed. My hair is benefiting from the extra moisture and my body gets worked out. Win win!

Rozlewis

I workout 5 - 6 days a week at Orange Theory. I wear my hair in a curly bun with a Gymwrap headband. I will moisturize, seal and gel my edges down and then put the headband on. The headband will lay my edges so that when I am done working out and after I show my edges are already smooth.