What are some moisturizing products that do not contain any protein?

devin

It seems like every product I look at even those that say moisturizing contain some type of protein, whether hydrolyzed wheat, collagen, keratin, milk, animal, or silk proteins. I would like to know are there any good products with the exception of NTM that do not contain protein? TIA!:)

poos-

conditioners-

leave-ins-

devin

i saw that! i just answered your question. i have too many protein products, and my hair is suffering from protein overload.

Liz25_Ga said:
LOL, are we thinking the same thing? I posted the same question about 20 mins before you.

Neroli

The only conditioner I'm aware off is Keracare Humecto Conditioner **Ingredients: water, glycerin, dimethicone copolyol isostearate, polyquaternium-32, mineral oil, quaternium-80, panthenol, dimethicone, extracts of (nettle, pine, burdock, chamomile, marigold, rosemary, ivy, arnica, lime, cornflower, wild chamomile, st. john's wort, watercress, and garlic), fragrance methylparaben, propylparaben, methylchloroisothiazolinone and methylisothiazolinone** I don't think any of those are proteins.

I'm interested too if anyone can list other non-protein products, particularly 'poos and leave-ins (and any other condish) TIA

SherryLove

aubrey organics' honeysuckle rose conditioner is ultra moisturizing and contains close to no protein...

Honeysuckle Rose® Moisturizing Conditioner

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Add this product to your wish list

Email a friend about this product

For Dry, Brittle Hair

The sweet smell of success for your hair. Trade those dry, thirsty tresses for vibrant, touchably soft hair with this moisture-intensive conditioner. Restorative herbal emollients detangle and rehydrate to leave hair ultra-silky and irresistibly fragrant. Also recommended for bleached or highlighted hair.

FEATURES BENEFITS
Organic Shea Butter & Rosa Mosqueta® Oil
Deep-condition & protect; soften hair texture

Organic Aloe
Replenishes moisture

Honeysuckle Oil
Adds a soft, floral scent

INGREDIENTS: Coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base, Organic Aloe Vera, Organic Shea Butter, Wheat Germ Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Organic Rosa Mosqueta® Rose Hip Seed Oil; Extracts of Fennel, Hops, Balm Mint, Mistletoe, Camomile, Yarrow, Chrysanthemum, Angelica, Forsythia and Magnolia; Honeysuckle Oil, Carrot Oil, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).

goldensensation

Since I dont do any strong protein treatments, I really appreciate the small amounts of protein that my conditioners (leave-ins and otherwise). Perhaps I am wrong, but the hair needs a little bit of protein to properly accept moisture- so that is probably why so many moisturizers contain it.

devin

thanks for the information. i don't know if my hair can take all the protein, that's why i wanted something really moisturizing.:)

Mizani_Mrs

The only leave-ins that i am aware of, that dont contain protein is the UBH moisturizing dew spray, and the UBH creme moisturizer. they both are moisturizeers, the first is a watery spray, and the 2nd is a creamy spray that remind me of eqp mango butter, minus the yummy smell. I use these 2 faithfully. I have gotten used to them and when i switch to any other moisturizing products, I can immediately notice my hair feeling slightly harder from the protein. I love these products. man i can SLATHER on as much as i need depending on my hair's drynes and not have to worry about hard hair. I read in her book about people overloading on protein because they are trying to moisturize their hair...and i agree with her. u need moisture everyday but i don't think u need to add protein every day....

devin

thanks! yeah i found out the hard way about protein daily. it is hard to find products without protein. i notice my hair is hard after using products with protein. i really like ors olive oil in the jar, b/c it is moisturizing without making my hair hard. i definitely don't need to use protein everyday, b/c my hair is hard and has started breaking, now i am having to moisturize BIG TIME!!:)

Mizani_Mrs said:
The only leave-ins that i am aware of, that dont contain protein is the UBH moisturizing dew spray, and the UBH creme moisturizer. they both are moisturizeers, the first is a watery spray, and the 2nd is a creamy spray that remind me of eqp mango butter, minus the yummy smell. I use these 2 faithfully. I have gotten used to them and when i switch to any other moisturizing products, I can immediately notice my hair feeling slightly harder from the protein. I love these products. man i can SLATHER on as much as i need depending on my hair's drynes and not have to worry about hard hair. I read in her book about people overloading on protein because they are trying to moisturize their hair...and i agree with her. u need moisture everyday but i don't think u need to add protein every day....