What are you using to stimulate your scalp?

Quita3514

I have been reading a lot of women are using neosporin, monistat 7,pepermint oil,sulfur plently things to get the scalp tingling and increase blood flow ultimately leading to hair growth. So I was curious what products are you using to stimulate your scalp?

www.startinfromsquareone.blogspot.com

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Here's what I'm using. I'm doing My Own Personal Mini Growth Aides Challenge:grin:

Nature's Blessings Pomade
ButtersNBars "Grow My Hair"
JBCO
MT
MN
Claudie Scalp Exlir & Claudie Temple Balm Revitalizer
Hydratherma Naturals Oil & Growth Lotion

will be picking up Rosemary Oil

Quita3514

Maybe I should have named this thread what growth aids are you using? I'm thinking of using sulfur 8 but idk bc it contain mineral oil and petroleum but it stimulates your scalp so well!

Jewell

I use my own MTG mix (which includes powdered sublimed sulfur, oils, dried rosemary, etc). I also use EOs mixed into my normal scalp oils (like the above mix) like rosemary, peppermint, camphor, and others that are known to stimulate blood flow. I take vitamins (for health mainly, since I have had problems with unwanted blood clotting before) that keep my blood flowing well and increase oxygenation (L-arginine). I use Sulfur 8 pomade on my scalp (yellow jar)...despite the petroleum/mineral oil, it works well for growth and scalp health.

I'm currently researching other herbs, EOs and supplements that increase blood flow...not only for my body (blood disorder), but for my scalp, as I'm on a hair growing mission so I can reach a few of my goals this year, and ultimately a big goal b4 my wedding next yr. I'm interested to see what other ladies have to say on this! :eek:)

virtuenow

I use aloe vera gel mixed w/emu oil, peppermint oil, and grapefuit oil and mn

Sent from my PG06100 using Long Hair Care Forum App

4bslbound

I use EO mix when my scalp 'flares up' ( I have a recurring sore spot in the crown area)

Mostly, I use a sublimed sulfur mix with JBCO, MN,emu oil, and jojoba oil. (3-5 days a weelk)

Nonie

No products really. Just massaging with my bare fingers when I shampoo and when I ACV rinse during my wash...and when I think about it while watching TV. Or I just do the scalp exercise whenever I think of it (in the car, waiting room, at my desk, as I walk to the store, etc).

thecurlycamshow

Castor oil, rosemary, and peppermint oil. I'm really interested in JBCO. I plan on purchasing that since I've heard so many people using it with great results.

Angelicus

Thank you so much for reminding me. I really need to start stimulating my scalp. I am going to massage daily with Vatika from now on until my tea tree oil arrives in the mail. Then I'll start mixing that together and massage my scalp daily.

I really want my long hair back :cry3:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Other than Rosemary. I Also want to try Pimento Oil. Alot of Ladies have been saying really good things about Pimento Oil as well.:yep:

diadall

Has anyone ever used cayenne pepper paste? I don't know if I could ever put it in my hair but I have heard of it.

There are somethings I just won't do.

ajargon02

has anyone tried shampoo with peppermint oil?

YUP! I have mixed my poo with peppermint for years. I love the tinglies that I get. Also, I got like 25 samples of aveda's rosemary mint shampoo and condish! They are the bomb!

As far as what I use for scalp stimulation and keeping any itchies at bay. I just mix the following eo's in my water or water/aloe ( depending on how I feel that day ) filled spray bottle: peppermint, rosemary ( don't use if you are pregnant or have high blood pressure ) sage, tree tea, lavander, ylang ylang, cassia bark, chamomile. At times I have infused the water first with: black tea, hosetail, nettle, then putting in the eo's. I only make enough to last a week, so I don't have to use stronger preservatives.
This is what works for me.

amwcah

Quita3514

Hey ajargon02 where did you get the samples for the aveda rosemary and pepermint shampoo because I want to try aveda?