What are your thoughts on the Mizani Butter Blends Relaxer system?

StarScream35

Which strength did you use and did things turn out just right or were you underprocessed or overprocessed or what?

I've been reading lots of stuff online and it seems lots of people come out severly underprocessed. This is one of the reasons I decided to just texlax. I could never get my hair straight with this system.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I used Mizani BB Mild formula once and my hair was left bone straight initially. After a few washes I had a tad bit of texture which like I wanted so I was pretty happy with it. I only used it once because I changed stylist and she uses Nairobi Mild on me now.

Your Cheeziness

My hair laughs at Mizani BB. I make sure to specifically request that I don't get this one. I use Mizani Sensitive Scalp that comes in the dark maroon tub.

crazytrish75

I tried it for the first time a few weeks ago, and that was the most underprocessed I have ever been. I am fairly new to my hair journey, but I have been self relaxing for years. It looks like I did not relax at all and since that was the case, i wishi had just continued stretching. I can't even tell my new growth post-relaxer from the ng I just relaxed 4 weeks ago. No, I won't use that again :nono: I also did not care for their Kerafuse intense protein treatment which I did mid-step. Couldn't tell that I did it. However, I did love their neutralizing/chelating poo. That I will keep and continue to use, as it really doesnt matter what neutralizer you use:yep:

Mische

I've been using Mizani Butter Blends Medium/Regular since 2006. A lot of it is in the application technique. From 2006-2010, I had it applied by a stylist and she got my hair BONE straight. Straighter than straight. Now, my mother applies my relaxers and while I'm nowhere near texlaxed, there is much more texture left to my hair. I like it though.

I absolutely loooooove this system. I use everything in it (the scalp butter base--I NEVER get burns and I use the Lye version, Honey shield for previously relaxed ends, PerpHecting creme, and color-indicating neutralizer.) My hair comes out so strong, thick and shiny it's ridiculous. :love: I don't see myself ever switching.

Aggie

I was using this before I started using Affirm Creme Relaxer (mild, lye formula) and even though I was using the BB mild lye relaxer (the entire system), it still got my hair very straight, straighter than I wanted it to be. It could be because my hair strands are fine.

I may go back to using it though because I really love it a lot. But then again I love the Affirm relaxer as well. I like Design Essentials as well. These 3 are my faves and whichever one is available I will use. I use them all for texlaxing.

trendsetta25

Oh no. I'm nervous now! I literally just bought Mizani BB for my relaxer this weekend. A friend of mine recommended it. I usually use Affirm and I've gotten great results. I'm 22 weeks post. Should I just switch back to Affirm? I really don't want to risk it and end up under processing my hair.

Renewed1

Well add Motions to the list. I "use" to be natural and I relaxed my hair with motions tonight......I left this mess on for almost 20 minutes and now I'm tex-laxed instead of BONE STRAIGHT.....ugh....

But trendsetta my advice is to use what works.

niqu92

i looove it.it never ever burned my scalp and although it didnt leave me extremley underprocessed, it also didnt leave me bone straight.my hair still had some texture and was thick.
when i relaxed the other day i used design essentials regular but i think im going to go back to mizani after looking at this thread,idk why i ever strayed away from it in the 1st place

StarScream35

Okay so the consensus is apparently leaving hair underprocessed or textured is a thing with Mizani BB. I wonder if it has to do with hair texture. I had a hair analysis done and found out my hair is coarse so I'm wondering does it not get the job done on coarse hair???? I also read online where someone said MBB left her hair dry.

danysedai

Great timing OP!
Now, are you talking about the new BB HG relaxer or the old one?

I'm at work reading about Mizani v Affirm relaxers. I've been using Affirm mild for the past 3 years but I no longer have my hairdresser who got my hair straight with it, I've tried 3 different people and my hair is VERY underprocessed right now. I want to relax and do a corrective this weekend but I want to self relax.
The cons with Affirm is that you need a cosmetology license to buy it in my city. I talked to the BSS owner and he let me buy it but I need to call every time (once a year) and remind them. Mizani is available without a license.
I have a pot of Mizani classic relaxer that I bought in December last year but I'm debating whether to call and try to get the Affirm, use the mizani classic.

I just called and the BSS does not have the new Mizani BB HG relaxer.

StarScream35

danysedai

I'm referring to the old one. I got the entire system which cost me like $100.00. If you are trying to do a corrective then I would not go with Mizani. I've used Mizani about 4 times now and every single time, I've come out texlaxed. Just recently I've noticed some breakage near the line of demarcation from texlaxing and that really sucks. I feel like I've been set back. I thought about using Design Essentials but like Affirm you have to have a license.

I wonder though.................when they make relaxers available to the public do they weaken them? I remember when Mizani was only available to stylists, I heard nothing but great things about it. I never heard any complaints about dryness, underprocessed hair etc.

LaidBak

Mizani BB left my hair underprocessed. I considered leaving it that way for months and transitioning to texlaxed. But after about 6 months I just had too much breakage.

danysedai

danysedai

I'm referring to the old one. I got the entire system which cost me like $100.00. If you are trying to do a corrective then I would not go with Mizani. I've used Mizani about 4 times now and every single time, I've come out texlaxed. Just recently I've noticed some breakage near the line of demarcation from texlaxing and that really sucks. I feel like I've been set back. I thought about using Design Essentials but like Affirm you have to have a license.

I wonder though.................when they make relaxers available to the public do they weaken them? I remember when Mizani was only available to stylists, I heard nothing but great things about it. I never heard any complaints about dryness, underprocessed hair etc.

Brighteyes35,
I remember when the (now old) BB system was all over the forum, about maybe 3 years ago? It was good reviews at first but from what I remember people complained it left the hair underprocessed.
The one I'm thinking of using if I cannot buy the Affirm mild which is the one I've been using, is the Mizani Classic Rhelaxer (hate that H in there!). From what I've read that one does straighten and I already have it at home. (I just got a call back from the BSS, they'll allow me to buy the Affirm)

This is the "new and improved" Mizani Butter Blend HG relaxer
http://www.mizani-usa.com/?m=55&rid=300

the technical guide and video are on that link

StarScream35

@Brighteyes35,
I remember when the (now old) BB system was all over the forum, about maybe 3 years ago? It was good reviews at first but from what I remember people complained it left the hair underprocessed.
The one I'm thinking of using if I cannot buy the Affirm mild which is the one I've been using, is the Mizani Classic Rhelaxer (hate that H in there!). From what I've read that one does straighten and I already have it at home. (I just got a call back from the BSS, they'll allow me to buy the Affirm)

This is the "new and improved" Mizani Butter Blend HG relaxer
http://www.mizani-usa.com/?m=55&rid=300

the technical guide and video are on that link

Thanks Chica. I think I will look into the Mizani Classic Rhelaxer...........not liking that H myself!