Is Mizani Butter Blends Lye Relaxer Gentle on the Scalp?

Is Mizani Butter Blends Gentler on the Scalp than Most Lye Relaxers?

• Yes, it's gentler.

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No, it's equally as harsh.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it's actually harsher than other lye relaxers.

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vtoodler

Overall, lye relaxers are harsher on the scalp than no-lye relaxers, although I'm sure that some are gentler than others.

Is Mizani Butter Blends Lye Relaxer (regular and coarse) gentler on the scalp than most lye relaxers? Has your scalp ever been irritated/ ever tingled by the lye version of Mizani BB?

Overall, do you think that it's a gentle or harsh relaxer?

Also, does the regular version do an adequate job of straightening your hair, if you follow the directions? Do you feel that you have to trade less scalp irritation for underprocessing?

Evolving78

the Sensitive one would work. it's a no lye so it would get your hair pretty straight and allow you to process your hair long enough with out overkill on the scalp to get it to your desired texture.

i use Mizani Regular. i do have to base my scalp first, but i don't scream fire with it. i didn't burn at all last night. i made sure not to to get relaxer on my scalp. so i applied to the scalp near it but left a little on uncovered. the heat from my scalp will make it penetrate that area and i still achieve straightness. i learned that in cosmo school years ago.

miss stress

Butter blends is way to harsh on my scalp yet underprocedsed my hair. I will forever avoid that particular relaxer at all cost. I believe Satan formulated it

MissTripleChoc

I experimented with this relaxer. Brought the giant tub of the mild strength, used it once and then threw the rest of it in the bin! It burnt the hell out of my scalp and didn't even relax my hair. Never again!

Mische

I'm pretty tenderheaded and I've been using Mizani Butter Blends Lye since 2006 and I never burn. I also base the night before and the day of though. I absolutely love this relaxer line (I use all of the products) and can't say enough good things about it. I just relaxed this past Sunday and my hair is silky soft, thick, full and straight at the roots.