What Do People Mean By "Questioning GOD?"

LocksOfLuV

This is a serious question and I hope I get personal answers and not just scriptures to read.

What constitutes under "questioning GOD?"

Do you think GOD understands that us being humans (whom most of us have never seen/felt/touched, him/her) that we may have questions, regarding him/her?

When does one's questioning turns into a 'sin' or 'wrong?' How do you, in a sense, make yourself stop questioning and believe throughout your mind, body and spirit? Yes, I believe, but I have questions and because of these questions, I am questioning if I believe as much as I should. Any thoughts or insights?

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
LocksOfLuV said:
This is a serious question and I hope I get personal answers and not just scriptures to read.

What constitutes under "questioning GOD?"

Do you think GOD understands that us being humans (whom most of us have never seen/felt/touched, him/her) that we may have questions, regarding him/her?

When does one's questioning turns into a 'sin' or 'wrong?' How do you, in a sense, make yourself stop questioning and believe throughout your mind, body and spirit? Yes, I believe, but I have questions and because of these questions, I am questioning if I believe as much as I should. Any thoughts or insights?
Here's my reply without a bunch of scriptures ;)

I question God daily. He WANTS us to. He's our Father and Fathers love to give wise counsel and comfort to their children.

Questions keep the communication between you and your Father in Heaven close and active. Now I have to say this in 'partial' scripture. God wants us to come to Him in spirit and in truth. Meaning that you must ask Him exactly what's on your mind. He already knows what you're thinking, but He's welcoming us to come to Him to 'talk' it over no matter what it is.

And only to assure you that I am not just saying this, He says in His word to come and reason with Him and to put Him in rememberance of His word...His promises to us.. Ummm the word 'reason' means discussion; even a debate, such as 'God ... Why?' I still don't understand this...so please tell me why."

God has NO problem with us asking Him why and to explain things to us. And He does so with His word.

An example: When God wanted to destory the city of Sodom and Gormorrah, Abraham pleaded and said, Lord No. What if I find 40 righteous people, will you still save this city? God didn't get mad at Abraham. They were in a Father and Son and Lord relationship. God said, 'Sure, if you can find 40 righteous, I will save the city. Abraham kept presenting his case even down to finding 10 righteous. God loving said, if you find 10....I will save the city.

The whole point of sharing the above is to give you an idea that we can discuss and even present our case to God without Him becoming angry with us. You see, God was willing to change His mind for Abraham. He did the same for Moses...even Joshua when God allowed them to protect the prostitute, Rahab who had helped them when God clearly said destroy the entire city.

So never fear questioning God. Who better to ask about God than God Himself? I do it everyday...all day. He still loves me and He still loves you and will never change.

Blessings angel...;)

blackmaven

Anything Is Possible
LocksOfLuV said:

What constitutes under "questioning GOD?" Is there a god? Does he/she exist? Why would god do this to me? I think just doubting his existence and blessing.

Do you think GOD understands that us being humans (whom most of us have never seen/felt/touched, him/her) that we may have questions, regarding him/her? I dunno good question hopefully folks can answer question without being offended will await respones.

When I have asked religious people direct questions about god they tend to get real emotional and say you should believe it is a sin not to. If you do not believe in God you are going to hell. What is that warning all about.

Shimmie

Staff member
blackmaven said:
When I have asked religious people direct questions about god they tend to get real emotional and say you should believe it is a sin not to. If you do not believe in God you are going to hell. What is that warning all about.

No emotion here. I sense strongly in your heart that you are sincere and not being rebellious. You have a reason for doubt. If you'd like to share privately, PM me. I don't mind. I think you've been kicked around long enough in your life about this. It's time someone listened to you.

((( Hugs )))) and Blessings,

LocksOfLuV

Shimmie said:
Here's my reply without a bunch of scriptures ;)

I question God daily. He WANTS us to. He's our Father and Fathers love to give wise counsel and comfort to their children.

Questions keep the communication between you and your Father in Heaven close and active. Now I have to say this in 'partial' scripture. God wants us to come to Him in spirit and in truth. Meaning that you must ask Him exactly what's on your mind. He already knows what you're thinking, but He's welcoming us to come to Him to 'talk' it over no matter what it is.

And only to assure you that I am not just saying this, He says in His word to come and reason with Him and to put Him in rememberance of His word...His promises to us.. Ummm the word 'reason' means discussion; even a debate, such as 'God ... Why?' I still don't understand this...so please tell me why."

God has NO problem with us asking Him why and to explain things to us. And He does so with His word.

An example: When God wanted to destory the city of Sodom and Gormorrah, Abraham pleaded and said, Lord No. What if I find 40 righteous people, will you still save this city? God didn't get mad at Abraham. They were in a Father and Son and Lord relationship. God said, 'Sure, if you can find 40 righteous, I will save the city. Abraham kept presenting his case even down to finding 10 righteous. God loving said, if you find 10....I will save the city.

The whole point of sharing the above is to give you an idea that we can discuss and even present our case to God without Him becoming angry with us. You see, God was willing to change His mind for Abraham. He did the same for Moses...even Joshua when God allowed them to protect the prostitute, Rahab who had helped them when God clearly said destroy the entire city.

So never fear questioning God. Who better to ask about God than God Himself? I do it everyday...all day. He still loves me and He still loves you and will never change.

Blessings angel...;)

Thank You Shimmie. I really enjoyed reading this response. I understand fully what you are saying and it gave me comfort to know that it is in a sense okay. I guess it is true that all things can be cured with prayer huh. I also know that I need to work on my relationship with GOD. Thank you again Shimmie. I am off to read your post again.:)

LocksOfLuV

blackmaven said:

Thank you for replying. I understand exactly what you are saying. I was actually kind of afraid to post this question, hence the reason it was so vague. I have never asked this question to anyone in real life and I doubt that I will. But I felt a sense of comfort in Shimmie's response and it makes a lot of sense.

Shimmie

Staff member
LocksOfLuV said:
Thank You Shimmie. I really enjoyed reading this response. I understand fully what you are saying and it gave me comfort to know that it is in a sense okay. I guess it is true that all things can be cured with prayer huh. I also know that I need to work on my relationship with GOD. Thank you again Shimmie. I am off to read your post again.:)

Guess what? 99% of my prayers to God are 101% just 'talking' and asking Him "Why". It's any small wonder that anyone can get their time with Him because I'm all up in His face with 'But Why'....tell me why.

I'm serious. :lol: I get put in 'time-out' a lot with Him. He'll tell me, "Be Still, and know that I am God. I am in the midst of you. Settle down and read my word and I will talk to you later.

Man! Now Why do I have to wait? :lol: I'm here now asking you why?

Believe or not, those are most of my prayers..."Why".... I always get an answer. Along with 'time out'. ;)

Be blessed and don't be stressed about any of this. He's your Father and He wants to love you and spoil you rotten. He really, really does. ;)

StrawberryQueen

I question God all the time when he doesn't give me what I want! :lol: But then he gently steers me to question myself and to realize that:

1) God works on his own time

2) God will give me whatever I ask for, but I need to be rightous and Christlike in what I ask for. Be careful what you wish for is dead on, and one needs to pray for clarity and meditate and think of what they are truly going to ask God for.

The questions I have for God are usually me falling short of being "Christlike" and subscribing to the wants/whims of the world and expecting God to work on my time and provide answers that I can understand with my human mind. But having an open dialogue witht he Lord is the best thing you can have in your life. The more you take to him, the easier it is to hear his answers!

LocksOfLuV

StrawberryQueen said:
I question God all the time when he doesn't give me what I want! :lol: But then he gently steers me to question myself and to realize that:

1) God works on his own time

2) God will give me whatever I ask for, but I need to be rightous and Christlike in what I ask for. Be careful what you wish for is dead on, and one needs to pray for clarity and meditate and think of what they are truly going to ask God for.

The questions I have for God are usually me falling short of being "Christlike" and subscribing to the wants/whims of the world and expecting God to work on my time and provide answers that I can understand with my human mind. But having an open dialogue witht he Lord is the best thing you can have in your life. The more you take to him, the easier it is to hear his answers!

Thank you Berry. Thank you! You made total sense. Especially the bolded. Sometimes I find myself questioning why others have so much more than me and they aren't nec. the best people. But I then have to realize to be grateful for my life and what I do have.

Can I ask you, how often do you pray?

blackmaven

Anything Is Possible
Shimmie said:
No emotion here. I sense strongly in your heart that you are sincere and not being rebellious. You have a reason for doubt. If you'd like to share privately, PM me. I don't mind. I think you've been kicked around long enough in your life about this. It's time someone listened to you.

I will PM you now I do feel like the wool has been pulled over my head on this subject.

blackmaven

Anything Is Possible
Shimmie said:

I will PM you now I do feel like the wool has been pulled over my head on this subject.

StrawberryQueen

LocksOfLuV said:
Thank you Berry. Thank you! You made total sense. Especially the bolded. Sometimes I find myself questioning why others have so much more than me and they aren't nec. the best people. But I then have to realize to be grateful for my life and what I do have.

Can I ask you, how often do you pray?
Numerous times a day. When something good happens, when something bad happens, when I eat, when I see something pretty, when I hear something bad on tv, when I hear something good.

Any exucse I can get I just close my eyes and thank God for being there for me.

blackmaven

Anything Is Possible
LocksOfLuV said:
Thank you for replying. I understand exactly what you are saying. I was actually kind of afraid to post this question, hence the reason it was so vague. I have never asked this question to anyone in real life and I doubt that I will. But I felt a sense of comfort in Shimmie's response and it makes a lot of sense.

Shimmie was not afraid to answer the question in writing. If people want to preach I feel the right to ask I attended church in the south with my grandmother the more I was force to go (yawl know what I mean granny did not play you not going to church in my house or here comes the switch from bushes):eek: the less I paid attention to the preacher. I have heard peope of different religions speak directly to me only to go out the ear. My Jehovah witness aunt talks to me all the time just not feeling whatever she talking about just nodd out of respect. I love the gospel music for it lifts my inner spirit. I never understood the folks falling out in church or speaking in tongue kinda scared me. I also never understood why a song the older folks in church would hmmmmm never really had any words to it. " I heard the lord and he heard my cries.......................