What do you do AFTER you relax your hair?

How do you wear your hair, after you get your hair relaxed? Why?

• bun/ponytail

Votes: 12 12.9%
  • roller set

Votes: 39 41.9%
  • straight (flat iron)

Votes: 27 29.0%
  • braid - out

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • other

Votes: 12 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trea

Hi ladies, just wondering what you all do after you get your relaxer (1 day to 2 weeks later)...I've been wearing a bun for the past 2 1/2 months :mad: til' I got my relaxer. I love the way my hair look and feel. I really hate to put it back up in a bun/ponytail. So how do you wear your hair after your relaxer? why?

Last edited:

HarmonySD

I'm always in a bun so every 10-12 wks when I get my hair relaxed I splurge and flat iron it straight so I can check length and have straight hair for a while. I haven't had any heat related problems with my doing that so far so I figure its ok! :)

goldensensation

HarmonySD said:
I'm always in a bun so every 10-12 wks when I get my hair relaxed I splurge and flat iron it straight so I can check length and have straight hair for a while. I haven't had any heat related problems with my doing that so far so I figure its ok! :)

I do the same!

SweetCaramel1

my hair is usually bone straight after a relaxer so i wrap and wear. not alot of manipulation and i like to see the length i've gotten.

Mestiza

I wear it in a bun, ponytail, braid-out or straight (no flat iron nor blowdryer). There is no particular reason. I just change it up as the mood hits me. Most of the time, I wear my hair in a bun, though.

shortness

Wrap at night. Unwrap in morning. Look at myself in the mirror and smile:grin:
I adore the way my hairdresser does my relaxer!

BerrySweet

After a relaxer I wrap it and wear it down for about a month. Then the new growth comes back and back it goes into the butterfly clip.

Angelicus

I wash it every day with conditioner until about week 10 post-relaxer. During that time, I wear buns and braidouts.

baglady215

I usually bun it because I'm too lazy to flat iron plus I need a new one. :lol: But next time I will flat iron it to check my length and to have some swing!

Isis

The poll didn't take my braidout. I usually wear it out in a braidout or a bun after relaxing - braidout first. Since my hair isn't relaxed straight, the braidout works with the texture very well. I haven't worn my hair straight yet.

CinnaMocha

After a relaxer, I usually go for the curly/spiral look. It makes my hair look much fuller (by the weekend it is wrapped and combed out for that doobie look). I also find myself doing rollersets (it depends on how I feel). I must say that I am very versatile with my look, which keeps me from getting into a rut with my hair (and I no longer do a constant wrap like I did in the past).

Jewell

I wore it straight, air dried. Never flat-ironed. Every blue moon I would wear a rollerset then wrap it for a doobie.

Lady_Lioness

I would wear my hair straight for a whole week after my touch and then the following week...I'll do a rollerset and wear my hair that way...usually around the 3rd or 4th week it's back up in a bun a braidout or a french twist.

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
I just got a touchup on my hair yesterday! After my relaxer I give myself a good flat-ironing to see if my grew some or not. Usually I'll wear it out the first few weeks and then protective styles b/c NG starts up again.

amy1234

I usually straighten it with heat to see how far along I've progressed in growth...

This is why I don't plan to relax for another couple of months from now, to avoid heat usage

sareca

My relaxers always say not to wet your hair for 24-48 hours so rollerset is really my only option. My wash and go styles require rewetting.

Miss*Tress

My stylist always flat irons my hair after relaxing it, so I just wear it that way for the rest of the week.

karezone

I usually rollerset after relaxer just because it is what I usually do and b/c I can't imagine blowdrying after a harsh chemical process.

Chromia

MissBiss said:
My stylist always flat irons my hair after relaxing it, so I just wear it that way for the rest of the week.

Same here. Lately I've been using Hype Hair rollers to add some volume and bump the ends without using a curling iron.

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I usually leave the salon with a rollerset right after a touch up. From week 1 through 8 I alternate between a rollerset (Sun-Wed) and a bun(Thur-Sat). After week 8 I alternate between a bun and a braidout.

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
Usually after relaxing my hair..I will do a deep conditioning treatment for at least 45 minutes and do a roller set magnetic rollers for volume, straightness, airdrying, and moisture.