What do you do/use for shine?

Mrs.Green

Does anyone still use oil sheen :look:. I relax this weekend and I want to wrap my hair but don't want to weigh it down with to much product and I want that shine~ I use coconut oil but my hair is always in a bun never really used it for a wrap. What are you doing/using for shine and bounce that's not heavy?

Yeah, i use oil sheen. Actually i just got a blow out the other day and have been wearing my hair down. So i just use Motions oil sheen before bed and wrap it. Last night i couldn't find it so i use a dime size of kemi oyl before wrapping. So basicly i use oils and oil sheen for shine. Be careful with oils, only use a little or it can definitely weigh your hair down for sure.

Yeah, i use oil sheen. Actually i just got a blow out the other day and have been wearing my hair down. So i just use Motions oil sheen before bed and wrap it. Last night i couldn't find it so i use a dime size of kemi oyl before wrapping. So basicly i use oils and oil sheen for shine. Be careful with oils, only use a little or it can definitely weigh your hair down for sure.

Seeeeeeeee I love Kemi Oyl also but I want that bounce. So I was debating on getting an oil sheen but wasn't sure what to get. I used to use Isoplus and I've used Motions also :scratchch decisions decisions.

I use Fekkaki Glossing Cream-Sephora or Generic Biolage Shine Renewal-Sally's(love this stuff, cotains no alcohol). If you do want to use an oil sheen i would recommend Olive Oil Oil Sheen.

A jet black rinse will give you the best shine. But I also use "SHINE" the serum/spray in the clear bottle with the pink and black writing.

I just wrapped my hair yesterday!

I'm using Pink Glosser. Very light, in a spray,...has jojobba which makes my hair more silky and plieable, and it gives good shine. :yep:

I also have and love Coconut oil, and Profectiv Oilsheen (it has soybean oil instead of mineral oil as the first ingredient, coconut oil, castor oil, jojobba oil, and shea & cocoa butter)...Kemi oyl is great also.

And clear rinses and hot oil treatments give me good shine also.

I use Fekkaki Glossing Cream-Sephora or Generic Biolage Shine Renewal-Sally's(love this stuff, cotains no alcohol). If you do want to use an oil sheen i would recommend Olive Oil Oil Sheen.

I'm glad you mentioned this!!! I actually saw this *i just started using the ORS Olive Oil* and was debating to get some of Olive Oil sheen or one of my other sheens I used to use pre LHCF *i mentioned them earlier. But of course I had to start a thread about it to see if oil sheen was still good to use :lachen: and if not then what.

I was gonna say this, too. Very good stuff. Motions left my hair bouncy too though.

I was gonna say this, too. Very good stuff. Motions left my hair bouncy too though.

Why do yall like this stuff? I brought it off of reviews from this board as one of the best oilsheens, and i guess i didnt give it a chance or use it right? Hated the smell too, just threw it in my closet yesterday. LOL

Why do yall like this stuff? I brought it off of reviews from this board as one of the best oilsheens, and i guess i didnt give it a chance or use it right? Hated the smell too, just threw it in my closet yesterday. LOL

What didn't you like about it??

Oh it just seemed like a regualr average oilsheen, with a not-so-hot smell to me,
So didnt hate it, just didnt see why it was so good.

What have you decided upon for the shine and bounce?

Well I WAAAAAS gonna try the Olive Oil Sheen since I like the products from them I've tried so far. ORS Replenish Pak, Olive Oil moisturizer..... thought I'd give the sheen a try. That's why I asked you what you don't like about it. I just don't want it to be to heavy or have an ingredient that wasn't on the A list :lachen:

I use Silk2 Arise & Shine.

My old stylist uses it on all of her clients and sells it too. I recently purchased my own bottle.

It does what the bottle says. It gives the best light weight shine. It also makes my hair appear darker, which I like, because jet black hair looks healthy and shiny.

In my avatar pic, I used the Silk2

I use Silk2 Arise & Shine.

My old stylist uses it on all of her clients and sells it too. I recently purchased my own bottle.

It does what the bottle says. It gives the best light weight shine. It also makes my hair appear darker, which I like, because jet black hair looks healthy and shiny.

In my avatar pic, I used the Silk2

Oooh and i agree....Love the fact that a stylist was using it too for some reason LOL

Well I WAAAAAS gonna try the Olive Oil Sheen since I like the products from them I've tried so far. ORS Replenish Pak, Olive Oil moisturizer..... thought I'd give the sheen a try. That's why I asked you what you don't like about it. I just don't want it to be to heavy or have an ingredient that wasn't on the A list :lachen:

Oh LOL, you'll probally love it then, it isnt heavy at all..

The ingredients:
Light Mineral Oil , Isobutane , Olive Oil , Vegetable Oil , Lanolin Oil , Tocopherol Vitamin E , Extracts of Aloe Vera , Horsetail , Nettle , Chamomile , Dimethicone Copolyol , Myristyl Myristate , Propyl Paraben , Fragrant Oils , Hexyl Cinnamic Aldehyde , Lilial , D'Limonene , Linalool , Lyral , Alpha Iso Methyl Ionone

Oooh and i agree....Love the fact that a stylist was using it too for some reason LOL

Oh LOL, you'll probally love it then, it isnt heavy at all..

The ingredients:
Light Mineral Oil , Isobutane , Olive Oil , Vegetable Oil , Lanolin Oil , Tocopherol Vitamin E , Extracts of Aloe Vera , Horsetail , Nettle , Chamomile , Dimethicone Copolyol , Myristyl Myristate , Propyl Paraben , Fragrant Oils , Hexyl Cinnamic Aldehyde , Lilial , D'Limonene , Linalool , Lyral , Alpha Iso Methyl Ionone

Hair better look like lips after eating Kentucky Fried Chicken :lachen:

Does anyone still use oil sheen :look:. I relax this weekend and I want to wrap my hair but don't want to weigh it down with to much product and I want that shine~ I use coconut oil but my hair is always in a bun never really used it for a wrap. What are you doing/using for shine and bounce that's not heavy?
Amla oil gave me incredibly beautiful shine :yep:

:scratchch Huuumm Natural Butters~ Is this heavy being that its a cream??

Not at all!! And you only need to use such a small bit, but the shine/sheen is amazing for a NON-GREASY product. Jane Carter's line is awesome and does wonders for my natural 4b head.:yep:

For shine I use one of the following:

Jane Carter Nourish and Shine
Ojon restorative treatment
grapeseed oil spiked with grapefruit eo

Back