What products do you use for daily sheen

5thLMNT

When you take your wrap down and you want to give it that extra sheen what product works for you?...i don't like using hair oil too much because its too greasy...i've heard about this hair balm thats good but i cant remember the name. My hair has the most sheen after a condition but it doesnt last until my next wash.

NAY007

when i have my hair blow dried and finished in a style i apply motions salon sheen (it is not oil sheen), it works pretty good and gives a real nice shine

moni

Fantasia's IC hair polisher (spray or pour) is pretty good for daily shine. HTH. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Camille

I use ISOPLUS oil sheen spray with Mink Oil. It gives my hair a nice shine and it smells DELICIOUS!! /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

adrienne0914

like you, i don't like using oils on my hair when i wear it down, but i do have good luck with monoi oil if i use it before i blow dry my hair.

anyway, i always use KeraCare Silken Seal spray and Avon Dry Ends Serum (or Frizz-Ease Extra Strength Serum) for sheen and to eliminate static.

adrienne

LondonDiva

I use ORS Nature's shine. It does contain natural oils, but if you spray it very lightly it's not that oily on the hair.

Cleo

Luster's Pink Oil makes a sheen spray that is excellent for giving high gloss and sheen. A little goes a long way, /images/graemlins/smile.gif so be easy. A few light sprays will work wonders. On wet hair before I blowdry I use Fantasia IC polisher and a dime size of KeraCare Silkening Seal which also gives a nice sheen.

A

AmilLion

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
5thLMNT said:
When you take your wrap down and you want to give it that extra sheen what product works for you?...i don't like using hair oil too much because its too greasy...i've heard about this hair balm thats good but i cant remember the name. My hair has the most sheen after a condition but it doesnt last until my next wash.

[/ QUOTE ]

On my edges I use Elasta QP Mango Butter, and throughout the hair for sheen I'll spray either Elucence or Arosci Hair Mist. Oil's too heavy for my hair.

Honey01

I also use the Aveda Humectant pomade. It's really light and makes your hair smell yummy (you only need a dime to nickel amt. depending on hair length). Also, I might follow-up with an aerosol oil sheen by Mizani. I think it's called Mizani Shyne, but it's formulated to be lighter than your average sheen spray. It doesn't leave the "beads" some other sheens.

daviine

Amillion

When you say that you spray Elucence, are you mixing Elucence with water? If so, in what proportions?

daviine

Jenai

Lately I have been using a few drops of virgin coconut oil. Light and it smells like coconut milk.

Ebony

i use different things for different hairstyles. in the case of a wrap or doobie with my hair straight my hair hates oils or anything heavy. my straight hair will fall and become stringy which i hate to see. i use revlon finisheen in the red can (it's very light)and/or bain de terre recovery complex or senscience has a complex in a small fl oz silver bottle too. they are all very light and great for daily use. i may even put the complexes in before i wrap.

VanillaDream80

ORS Olive Oil Sheen Spray -- very light and smells pretty good, too. I also use Clairol Textures 'n Tones Balanced Creme Hairdress. A little goes a long way, as too much can really weight the hair down.

pmichael52172

In the morning before I take down my wrap, I spread some stuff called "Ashea Hair Butter Pomade". It is a miracle for my hair. I spread it around my wrap to get the ends and unwrap my hair. Once it's all combed down and spread the remainder of what's on my hands all over.

My hair shines like crazy, is really soft and it really helps protect and seal my newly clipped ends. A couple of people asked me had I put a clear rinse in my hair... that's how glossy it makes it. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

sweetcocoa

I use a homemade pomade of shea butter and oils. If I wrap my hair at night I've recently started using Elasta QP Mango Butter followed by the pomade to seal in the moisture. This makes my hair smooth when I take it down in the morning.

azul11

/images/graemlins/crazy.gif is this made by you or is this a special thing you found near you? curiousity and pjism perked my ears up. please tell me this is available in stores. does this have mineral oil in it? God bless you all.

pmichael52172

Excuse me for butting in but I'm a die hard fan of Sweetcocoa's homemade pomade. She makes it herself and these are the indgredients.

Recipe for hair pomade(Sweetcocoa's Hair Butter):
4 oz of shea butter(unrefined)- melted in microwave...
to which I added the following -
1 tablespoon of amla oil
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of castor oil
1 tablespoon of almond oil
10 drops of rosemary oil
2 tablespoons of aloe vera oil
I put it in the refrigerator to harden. Then take it out and let it come to room temperature. It should be nice and creamy(or if you prefer leave it hardened...works both ways). This is very rich so a little goes a long way. I only apply it to my hair. Works best on damp hair.

--------------------------------

I've modified this recipe because I didn't want to buy all the different oils but I stuck with the main basics and can't live without it. I was out of my usual oils so I found some Grapeseed, and Jojoba oil and mixed that with Lavender and the shea butter and it still comes out heavenly. Right now, I'm using it on my skin because I'm experimenting with another hair pomade right now.

I suggest you make the pomade and keep it on hand for whatever. You can even melt it back down for a good hot oil treatment.

azul11

i finally have all the ingredients to make this pomade but i am wondering if aloe vera oil is the same thing as aloe vera gel? is there a particular brand to use? hmmm might have to try this out once my braids are out when i roller set. God bless you all.

sweetcocoa

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
azul11 said:
i finally have all the ingredients to make this pomade but i am wondering if aloe vera oil is the same thing as aloe vera gel? is there a particular brand to use? hmmm might have to try this out once my braids are out when i roller set. God bless you all.

[/ QUOTE ]
No it is not the same as the gel. It's actually an oil...but you can make the pomade without it(I did the first time I made it) or adding the only the oils you want to add as Pmicheal does. The only place I've been able to find aloe vera oil is FNWL(fromnaturewithlove.com).