What do you do when you...

Whimsy

...get the urge to cut?

I'm transitioning and I just got to BSL and now am considering a deep cut back up to APL (the same thing I did in March when I was pushing MBL) I don't know what's wrong with me. When it's long I want it short, and vise versa.

What do you do when you get the urge to cut? I ultimately would like waist length hair, but get so antsy and chop happy before I can reach it and sabotage myself.:sad:

The first, and most important thing - I don't cut. I remind myself of my goals, and how much more time I will add to them, if I cut. Of course, I'm also the impatient type, so any delays towards my goal irks me much more than the desire for a new style does.

Secondly, I figure out something new to do to my hair - maybe a new product. Maybe a new style. Maybe pull out something that didn't work before, and try it again.

Of course, if you aren't the impatient type, and don't mind taking the winding road to long hair - cut it! You know it's going to grow back! But enjoy the cut, and don't come round moping 2 years from now about how long you 'coulda' been... you know and considered that downside before you cut, ya know?

I have no kind of advice...I'm contemplating cutting my hair into one of those cute little mohawk cuts.

I had chin length hair for years because of the same problem. When I have the urge to cut, I cornrow and wear a wig over it, or just get a weave

I agree with wigs being the answer. I have two short wigs now that I love. It definitely kept me from cutting. I actually got a lot of complements with the short wigs, though, which made me contemplate cutting my hair even more! :lol: But then I snapped out of it and realized that I could have the best of both worlds by continuing with wearing my wigs and having my hair grow underneath. :yep:

Back