What do you do with products you dont like?

PassionFruit

Provided they arent harmful to your hair, what do ya do with products you're not overly impressed?

- stick em in your PJ graveyard with the promise to get to it one day? ( even though we all know ya wont)
- immediately throw it away?
- add it to a concoctions?
- not wanting to waste money, use it anyway with the thought to never buy it again?
- return to store for refund?

something else?

danigurl18

For me, it depends on the product. Mostly I wait until a friend needs a hair product and let them try it to see if they like it.. if not I figure I might like it again... That's the PJ in me talking...:lachen:

Extremus

stick it in the PJ graveyard or try using it with other products, to see how it'll respond then

Transformer

Hubby and son get them! However, he's threatening today to "use the good stuff."

I say no way, you cut your hair every week so it doesn't matter what you use.

Ganjababy

If it caused shedding/breakage, dried out my hair or allergy I give it to friends/family as they may not have the same reaction. If it is a really bad reaction I throw it away.

If it performs poorly/does not do what it says and is quite expensive I may keep it for a bit longer and try it again later. If it still does nothing for me I give it away or bin it.

Kay.Dee

If they really suck I just throw them.
If they are decent and I just found something better I give them to my little sis.

ajacks

I usually give it to my little sister and her friends. They're in college and will use any random products on their heads so I feel its my duty to help them out. I also take products to the DC LHCF meetings to exchange. Anything that's left over I just toss it.

soulfusion

If I see somebody on the board wanting to try something that I have and don't use, I'll send it to them (I HATE waste). Otherwise, I normally store them for a few months and when I can't take it anymore I trash 'em.

Evazhair

If its something I would never use on my hair again:
shampoo- becomes a tub/sink/toilet cleaner or shave gel
conditioner-mix into a large container with others and oils=prepoo
styling products-trash or give away to my mother

my keracare products /others that I didn't absolutely hate are in the PJ graveyard though.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I either:

*let them sit around in my bathroom cabinets (some get moved to the secondary bathroom)
*throw them away
*return them
*use them to shave :) (a tip I got from the board)

LovelyLionessa

shampoo: give to my husband, make up brush cleaner, liquid hand soap, bath gel, cleaner for shower/sink
conditioners: pre-poo
oils: give to my husband, pre-poo
leave-ins: trash

I just can't bring myself to use a leave-in on my hair that I don't like. :nono:

HoneyDew

Freecycle!!!!!!!!! http://www.freecycle.org/

I give stuff away.

Sometimes if it is just crap or there is only a little left, I throw it out.

Conditioners that are not good as a final rinse but have great ingredients that my hair could still use, I just use up as pre-poo deep conditions since I will wash myhair afterwards anyway.

HoneyDew

shampoo: give to my husband, make up brush cleaner, liquid hand soap, bath gel, cleaner for shower/sink
conditioners: pre-poo
oils: give to my husband, pre-poo
leave-ins: trash

I just can't bring myself to use a leave-in on my hair that I don't like. :nono:

:yep:

I do this, too!

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I can't bear to waste--resources or my money, so I:
*use it up with plans to never buy again
*use it on my kids, mother or sister
*put it in the stash and plan to use it up.

However, I am glad I read this thread, you ladies are resourceful. I am adding:
*make-up brush cleaner
*hand soap
*prepoo mix
*shaving.

I'm also waiting for the next meeting to perhaps bless someone else.:yep:

LongHairDreams

Provided they arent harmful to your hair, what do ya do with products you're not overly impressed?

- stick em in your PJ graveyard with the promise to get to it one day? ( even though we all know ya wont)
- immediately throw it away?
- add it to a concoctions?
- not wanting to waste money, use it anyway with the thought to never buy it again?
- return to store for refund?

something else?

This is a very good question. I've been trying to figure out what to do with this Optimum Oil Therapy 3-n-1 Creme Oil Moisturizer. It makes my hair crunchy. I bought it a while ago and couldn't find the receipt then. I don't want to throw it away so im wondering if there is something I can add to it.

I have this problem with my Aphogee leave-in cond spray.

So stuff just sits in the cabinet collecting dust.