What do you think?

caress

I saw this posted on another board. What do you think? H-P-P stands for Hi-Pro-Pac(sp?) Conditioner.
[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to share a little "secret" I learned in beauty school with both of you. Moisturizing treatments are only necessary with some liquid protein treatments, like the ApHogee (but not with the Fermodyl which is a leave-in). The H-P-P and ION Reconstructor belong to the category of "protein packs" which for clarity I'm going to just copy the definition from my cosmetology book: "chemical mixture of concentrated protein in the heavy cream base of a moisturizer. They penetrate several cuticle layers and are utilized wwhen an equal degree of moisturizing and proteinizing is required." So save yourselves a step and try this type instead.

However, last year when my hair was really damaged, I did something somewhat similar to what Suzen suggests: I followed the H-P-P with a light application of a leave-in oil moisturizer for added protection.

[/ QUOTE ]

ladylibra_30

protein and moisturizer in one sitting? it sounds good and convinient but i'm old fashioned and like to do the protein tx first and then follow up with a very moisturizing tx (ex-aphogee followed by paul mitchell super charged moisturizing conditioner)

i wonder if this has maximun benefits to someone whose hair is already in tip-top condition though

Leslie_C

I think it could be right because my design essentials 6 in 1 reconstructor is supposed to add moisture and strengthen too among other things.

ubavka123

Yes--Elucence suggests mixing equal parts MB with the Extended Moisture Repair Treatment for a more moisturizing effect to the protein treatment. I tried it and I liked it.

caress

Is Nexxus Keraphix one of these types of products? I wonder if that means I could use that all the time and my hair would be fine with a good balance of moisture and protein.