What does your hair look like days before your relaxer?

Dposh167

So i've been researching about why my relaxers have not been taking properly. And i know for a fact that what i put on my hair those couple days b4 my relaxer has been messing me up. I put oils, and silicones, and all this mess on it to try to look cute for the week. But its freaking up my relaxer day.

so i know some people said they don't put anything on their hair that week. But what the heck does your hair look like? are u just putting headbands on or something?

any ideas?

Bouncin&Behavin

The week before my relaxer, I always do an Aphogee 2 step protein treatment, followed by a 20 min DC with heat. I ALWAYS airdry at this point and wear my hair in a bun until relaxer day. Now that my hair is longer, I plan on wearing loose braidouts during this week as well. I moisturize 1x/day as usual and on relaxer day, I coat my hair with Nexxus Humectress before getting it done. It always comes out soft and silky.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I wash, apply my leave-ins, etc as usual and bun for the week. I moisturize/seal lightly the days leading up to the relaxer so as to not get too much product buildup. I'm moving away from getting a bone straight look to a straight (just not bone straight) look because of the fragile nature bone straight puts my hair in so having some buildup on my hair is okay (for me) because it slows the relaxer processing.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
The Week before I Clarify and then do a Protein Treatment. Usually Nexxus Emergencee under Dryer w/o Plastic Cap for about 20 minutes (or until hard).

That week I will lightly apply Coconut Oil on my NG. About 2 days before, I will lightly base w/Summit Sensitive Scalp (especially if I've had some 'itchy' areas).

The day of, I'll lightly rub Coconut Oil on my previously relaxed ends and will spritz with Joico Silk Results or Silk Amino for additional protection of my previously relaxed hair and to help with potential overlapping and run-off.

I'm under a Wig, so for me, it doesn't matter.

sunnieb

Buns, buns, and more buns! :yep: Maybe a ponytail here and there, but mostly buns.

I keep up with my same exact routine right up until my relaxer. Moisturizing and sealing daily, deep conditioning, and cowashing like normal.

My hair is what it is. Since I don't use heat, whatever my newgrowth looks like after using the scarf method, I just let it be.

ellebelle88

The week before my relaxer, I wash and condition my hair like normal, blow-dry (because I get horrible results with airdrying) and then wear in a bun.

Mische

I could never "leave it alone" the week before my relaxer unless I wanted to go bald.

On my last wash before relaxer day I make sure to use my protein treatment and airdry in braids. At least twice during the week I'll finger detangle with oil. I have to keep it detangled or my sheds will wreak havoc on my hair. I wouldn't even be able to part my hair to apply the relaxer if I didn't keep it detangled completely.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF