What does your hair love that is a pain for you to do?

ubavka123

My hair loves rollersets! I learned that this year. I retain more length and I have more protective styling versatility. The airdried pony doesn't work for me after a few weeks post relaxer--not to mention, I feel blah with airdried hair (plus, I am in the public eye here and I cannot be seen looking like who did it and ran! :lol:!). However, rollersetting is time consuming! I love the results, but dread the effort it takes. However, it is worth it, so I do it faithfully. That is, until a few days ago when I flatironed. Not bad, but my hair was dry, dry, dry, even with the wonderful Sedu. My hair just rebelled on me because it was made for rollersets. I am sitting under the dryer now in rollers, hoping my hair will forgive me! :lol:!

What does your hair love, that is a pain for you to do?

Same for me!
I was up until 3 am trying to get my rollerset done. For me, it takes a while to get the rollers in correctly (even though I still feel like I'm doing something wrong - there has to be a better system) and then after sitting under the dryer for 1 hour on medium heat (because high burns the crap out of my ears, neck, etc.) it still isn't dry. I couldn't take it anymore so I then had to take out the magnetic rollers and replace them with sponge rollers covered with end papers so I could at least get a good 3 hours of sleep. I have gotten a lot of compliments on my hair so of course I'll be at it again!!!

I can't really think of anything else that's such a hassle.

EbonyHairedPrincess said:
OMG you said it rollersetting it a big hassle, but the results are fabulous. I think deep conditioning and detangling are the worst.

Definitely detangling after you've had braids in your hair and it mats up. Makes you want to say -JUST CUT IT OFF!!!

EbonyHairedPrincess said:
OMG you said it rollersetting it a big hassle, but the results are fabulous. I think deep conditioning and detangling are the worst.

Girl, don't get me started on the detangling...DC'ing is a cakewalk compared to detangling texlaxed hair, especially after experimenting with a new product (one that sucks!). See, that is why I can never be a PJ, because I know what products detangle well and I am not tryin' to go through all of that other nonsense...

Rollersetting and Deep Conditionering

Also, clipping my ends. My hair loves it when I clip my raggedy ends off, but it can be a pain for me to do.

Rollersetting.. It just takes me a while, but I'm starting to get quicker at it. But no matter the pain... I'll keep doing it. :D

Henna but only because it GUARANTEES that I'm staying in the house for a MINIMUM of 2 hours!

But, afterwards...I'm always happy I took the time.

Deep Conditioning for me bc on the days that I dont have to shave or anything im in there for like 20 minutes just letting the water run so i dont have to jump in then out. LOL

Deep conditioning. I hate sitting under the dryer for any length of time. I know that I can deep condition without heat, however in my head it's not doing anything unless I use the heat.

Rollersetting is a pain in the arse!! The only thing that keeps me going is the vision of the end result. It's almost just worth it to pay the 13 bucks to get someone at Perfect Look to do it for me.

Henna!!! What a dern mess.

I would say roller setting, but that is SUCh a pain that i just go to the Dominicans and pay to have it done. :lol: My arms are killing me by the time im halfway thru my head. I just cant do it. :look: :look:

I could have written the same exact post the OP wrote (word for word) so it's definitely rollersetting for me. My hair responds very well to rollersetting, but I hate doing it more than I actually hate sitting under the dryer for 2 hours:confused:

I know practice makes perfect, but all this time I've been doing them now, you would think I'd be so good at it that I could bottle the technique up and sell it, but that's not the case......Still trying to get better at it though!!

Looks like rollersetting and DC'ing are a pain for us all, but everyone is right: the results are worth it!!! Nothing compares to how good hair feels after a DC and rollerset. It beats the flatiron hands down and it is a lot healthier for the hair, I think. Haven't tried henna yet, but there is a Lush store here...I just might check it out...

Thanks for your replies ladies and anyone else feel free to chime in! :)

It has to be rollersetting. The results are worth it, but the longer my hair gets the more of a pain it is.

ROLLERSETTING!

I've been able to cut down the time it takes to put the rollers in, but that time under the dryer is murder!

But is it worth it? You betcha! :up:

ubavka123 said:
My hair loves rollersets! I learned that this year. I retain more length and I have more protective styling versatility. The airdried pony doesn't work for me after a few weeks post relaxer--not to mention, I feel blah with airdried hair (plus, I am in the public eye here and I cannot be seen looking like who did it and ran! :lol:!). However, rollersetting is time consuming! I love the results, but dread the effort it takes. However, it is worth it, so I do it faithfully. That is, until a few days ago when I flatironed. Not bad, but my hair was dry, dry, dry, even with the wonderful Sedu. My hair just rebelled on me because it was made for rollersets. I am sitting under the dryer now in rollers, hoping my hair will forgive me! :lol:!

What does your hair love, that is a pain for you to do?

EVERYTHING!!!! boooohooooooo!:(

I actually like DCing becausse it gives me time to catch up on my hair boards and things.

Last time I was supposed to rollerset, I quit.:look: I couldn't take it. Yeah, so my vote also goes for rollersetting.

LocksOfLuV said:
I actually like DCing becausse it gives me time to catch up on my hair boards and things.

Last time I was supposed to rollerset, I quit.:look: I couldn't take it. Yeah, so my vote also goes for rollersetting.

Girl I thought it was just me:eek: I don't mind deep conditioning at all and I usually deep condition for longer than I have to just so i can sit under the dryer and catch up on paper stuff:lol:

I hate rollersetting, but it is so good for my hair. I don't like all of the time it takes and I hate it when it doesn't come out right.

HENNA! My hair always feels and looks better afterwards, but it takes soooo much to rinse it all out!

And MTG. I love it. My hair thrives with it. But if I come to bed smelling like smoke and bacon one more time, my husband may leave me. :lachen:

Last time, he complained that the smell got in his pillow!!! Yikes.

Six months ago I would have said henna, but it's second nature now. :) What I can't stand anymore is deep conditioning under the dryer. I feel like a little kid on a long car ride... Are we there yet? :ohwell:

Back